• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wife Made a Mistake...

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Since my birthday is two weeks out and we came in several thousand dollars under our projected budget for house-buying shenanigans, she felt generous enough to bless the purchase of aluminum climb rights.

Question is...tree or pole spurs? And does anybody have links to good buckles?:grin: Since these are a birthday present, I'll probably be using my PayPal funds to rig'em up. That, or buy a predator platform.

Tree - G2 and Flingin helped me with mine, except I gotta sing to get guilt free! Flingin has posted this for the Hunting mods.

f8c9f8b06b458421c538a769d02f4df4.jpg

05850a4e1c3585676c1a8d34f998a3c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Just ordered some climbrites with tree gaffs because that’s what they had. Went ahead and ordered 2 of the sea to summit accessory straps. I’m gonna try and use them for the top strap too by double wrapping them around the pad before hooking and tightening them. We’ll see if it works.

Same here. Just ordered some climbrites with tree gaffs because that’s what they had. Went ahead and ordered 2 of the sea to summit accessory straps. I’m gonna try and use them for the top strap too by double wrapping them around the pad before hooking and tightening them. We’ll see if it works.

I was thinking about using them up top as well. They are sweet.

That's a good idea. I'm sure it will work.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I use a 1.75" quick release buckle up top. On the bottom, I'm using the same setup as the Sea to Summit straps. However, I didn't realize STS made those, so I sourced all my own materials and sewed them up. Mine aren't as pretty, but just as functional. I also use big fixed loops on mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I use a 1.75" quick release buckle up top. On the bottom, I'm using the same setup as the Sea to Summit straps. However, I didn't realize STS made those, so I sourced all my own materials and sewed them up. Mine aren't as pretty, but just as functional. I also use big fixed loops on mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Do you have a link were you got the g hooks. I’ve been searching and can’t find the ones like the sea to summit.

So with the sea-to-summits strap, is it pretty much just plug-and-play? Seems like you might could just thread the strap through the ring at the bottom and rock on?

I'll probably live with the Velcro for a while since it seems like it's a pretty good setup. May look at replacing with whatever that military Velcro is that makes less noise.

first thing i did was get rid of Velcro it has no place in my arsenal....bags, pants, jackets, anything.. i used a 1.5in buckle strap from strap works and just threaded it around the back side on the top and put a cinch strap on bottom. the bottom isn't that convenient but it pulls tight neither strap has much weight or tension on them.

Has anybody thought about something like this for the top strap?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073ZB1FCZ/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems cheap and easy. Guess we'll see. I hit that magic button.

Also, how the heck are you guys carrying these things? They kind of fit in my pack, but not really. Is there some way to make them nest together good? How/where are folks strapping them to their pack?

Last edited:
Back