• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge storage bag mod.

Bigbucker

So I've seen where some cut off the bottom of the bag so the steps sit lower in the bag. They do this so that the zipper doesn't open all the way to the bottom of the bag. If that happens you can have some of the steps fall out.

My question is to anyone who has done that is do the ropes fall out of the bottom of the bag when you are walking or climbing? I have had a couple fall out when I'm not paying attention to the zipper but I'm hesitant to cut the bag. Hardto go back once you do. Thanks

So I've seen where some cut off the bottom of the bag so the steps sit lower in the bag. They do this so that the zipper doesn't open all the way to the bottom of the bag. If that happens you can have some of the steps fall out.

My question is to anyone who has done that is do the ropes fall out of the bottom of the bag when you are walking or climbing? I have had a couple fall out when I'm not paying attention to the zipper but I'm hesitant to cut the bag. Hardto go back once you do. Thanks
I have an 8 step bag. I cut the bag and the ropes don't fall out, even when I only have 5 steps in it

If it was me I would just fabric weld(stich) a button on each side of the zipper at the height that you want it to stop at and use a piece of paracord in a loop to go around them. Another thing you could do is button on one side and loop of cord from zipper pull tab to button. That will keep the zipper from going down from weight of ropes IMHO.

Last edited:
Hmm that's an interesting idea. I'm not familiar with fabric weld is ita type of glue? Does it work well?
They're just being vague. Lol. But, for small jobs, I have been known to use liquid stitch. It is a glue, and it works moderately well for lightweight applications. I use it often to tack something in place before I permanently stitch it.

If you plan on swapping ropes to amsteel, cutting the bottom out makes it very easy for amsteel to slip out of bag and drag the ground. I originally ordered 12 stepps with 8 foot ropes.

Attachments

• 3E378B2C-2F65-4D94-81F1-947013DA8EF0.jpeg
    3E378B2C-2F65-4D94-81F1-947013DA8EF0.jpeg
    531.1 KB · Views: 58
Does anyone have a pic of the bottom of the bag cut out? How much material did they remove?

Cut the bottom of the bag and don’t be afraid fellas. Makes climbing withthe stepps easier for sure. Check out the thread I posted above for some other ideas.

The bottom of the bag is a circle patch stitched around it’s circumference. I cut a 1/4” inside that. Note - don’t cut the overlap of the vertical stitch of the side of the bag and the circle stitch on the bottom.

It wouldn’t hurt to run a lighter over the fresh cut edge to keep from fraying.

Another option for people worried about the ropes falling out - cut 60-70% of the circle, then sew on a loop and hook or snap or button or something to close it back - like a flap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's my finished product which still has height adjustments and slack for the strap I put across the front. The shoulder strap is sooo comfortable now.
The strap across the front is good for two things. The first is to keep the steps from falling out if the zipper comes down too far. The second is I will use the adjustable strap to hold some small clothing bits or whatever. Cinch it to the side nice and tight.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 45
Back