• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Tether

Rickster

So I'm driving down the road thinking about being in my tree saddle and I had a thought.
Would moving my tether out onto a Wild Edge Stepp provide a less constricting sit in the saddle? What would that do to mobility when moving for a shot? Let me know what you think guys.

So I'm driving down the road thinking about being in my tree saddle and I had a thought.
Would moving my tether out onto a Wild Edge Stepp provide a less constricting sit in the saddle? What would that do to mobility when moving for a shot? Let me know what you think guys.
This was brought up a few days ago. General consensus was it adds one more thing to go wrong and doesn't really add any advantage. I don't think it would do anything that couldn't be achieved by adjusting your tether length/height.

I'm a big stepp fan, but I don't like the idea at all.

You are absolutely right about adding another thing that could go wrong. I also wasn’t sure how the pendulum effects would mess with trying to get a shot off? I just know that sometimes if the tree is leaning the wrong way I have a hard time getting situated.

I don't like that idea at all. I like to be tethered to the tree and not a step. I love my Wild Edge steps to climb but not to tether too.

Oh my. Not a fan of this idea. As noted, there are better, safer options.

I've had a hard time in trees that lean away slightly when moving around to shoot the top side. Thought about putting a stepp a little below my tether and wrap around the rod but just haven't tried it. Is there a technique or a certain tether height I should be looking at trying? Bigger trees don't seem to cause such a problem but I'm hunting a lot of ground that has been logged so most of the trees left are small and pretty crooked.

I've had a hard time in trees that lean away slightly when moving around to shoot the top side. Thought about putting a stepp a little below my tether and wrap around the rod but just haven't tried it. Is there a technique or a certain tether height I should be looking at trying? Bigger trees don't seem to cause such a problem but I'm hunting a lot of ground that has been logged so most of the trees left are small and pretty crooked.

Pivot platforms shine with leaning trees.

Pivot platforms shine with leaning trees.
Predator coming so I know that will make everything so much easier. I've got an xop on a temporary post for now so I know most of the advantages of a platform. Usually find myself hunting lower in early season do to the trees I can get into. I'm a leaner so maybe I need to sit lower for leaning trees. Practice practice.

Back