• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

? With possibly just using a RC harness.

Mag1

I was wondering if u can do a 1-2 hr sit just using an RC harness? I know it won’t be the most comfortable, I’m looking at a new spot, most of it is crp and red brush, but one of the areas looks to have some small trees. Was hoping to save some stand weight going in, maybe take one stick with and aider, and a couple Ameritech steps. My plan w/saddle hunting was to try done things in the upcoming off season. If this is possible, what is needed, my teather (I have a newly made linesman belt that is more than long/strong enough), bridge, another linesman belt ? I would try at home first, just want some options vs taking in the LW and-sticks or just the bow and wish I was up a few feet. Thanks for any input.

Get a sit drag. With webbing bridge it literally weighs nothing and packs to the size of a beer can. Just buy it.

I have a minimalist rc harness from petzl and would get sick of it probablyafter 15minutes without the sit drag.

I sit with RC harness only when I know I'm going in for less than 4hrs. BUT, I am using the AOP platform to stand on. No, it's not the most comfortable but I'm not miserable. I stand mostly anyway so I'm still going for necessity over comfort when going in on a long walk scout hunt.

Plan to get sit/drag or similar mods after studying and getting ideas from others at the SaddlePalooza hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, just trying to get an idea without completely diving in yet. I'll have to go try it in the back yard.

sit drag is only 30 bucks so its not too big of a dive

Its also handy for dragging your deer as the name suggests. I use it around my chest for getting a deer out of the thick stuff.
Then put it on backwards around my waist and hook up to my deer cart with my tether and linemans belt...(carabiners and ropemans to make adjustments) for hands-free towing when I'm on the fire roads. Omg this makes pulling a deer cart so easy

Ok, u convinced me, I ordered one today, let’s see if I can figure it out in the next 2 weeks for a couple late season hunts. Have to dig out some of my cranford steps, find a couple of extra carabiners in the totes, and reset some gear. Should be fun.

You won’t be disappointed. My first season I cut the bridge off of it tied a 28” bridge and went hunting. They only change I’ve made in 3 years is I switched to 1/4”amsteel spliced bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back