• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wood hunting saddles

Weldabeast

SH Member
Who got 1? Which 1 did u get?How long have u been using? Did u get thru dano? Likes/dislikes..... Modifications?

I got the deluxe with g hook on the leg straps in may...I went and picked up local and went out and hunted in it the same day. Got enough hours in it now to feel like I can give an honest review.....my previous saddle was diy phantom copy and i liked well enough...wood is much more comfortable. In my opinion it's it the thicker more robust webbing that makes it more comfortable vs my seatbelt webbing diy...that thicker material "framing/main structure" gives everything a little more rigidity and I think that plays a big role. The pleat is nice....I keep it closed until I feel some pressures after couple hours then open it up for a couple hours and swap back and forth...can open and close just arching my back and lifting my butt and help fold with my hands...the thicker mesh has pretty good memory and kinda want to return to original position...I promised I'd give the bridge a fair shot and leave it until hunting season is over but I'm really ready to swap that out for my preferred webbing bridge....I'm not a fan of Amsteel bridges and I have yet to adjust my current bridge since setting it the first time using it...I tied a stopped knot in the tail to lock it in place. My other gripe which ole @Fl Canopy Stalker said he would remedy for me if I can ever make it over there is I like a couple molle loops on the bottom of the saddle. Once I get to hunting height I daisy chain my linesman and like a molle loop I can clip the biner to..but that's kinda me just being picky. I have 2 ewo pouches, 1 with my Linesman's belt and the other with 40' rope, and a small surplus pouch in the center of my back.....the waist belt stays up pretty good but after a couple miles or a lot of bending and stooping I'll need to cinch it down again...stays up better than my last saddle. I wear my saddle from the truck and this 1 has accrued a lot of miles...there are a couple tiny wear marks on the cordura where the saddle and my hunt vest contact each other but small and superficial.

Last edited:
Man, to be honest I thought this was going to be another thread like the MAD rock that keeps getting passed around the classifieds, and was a it disappointed to not see a 2x6 dangling from some ropes lol.

Is this in reality something owned by @Fl Canopy Stalker ? I've heard of your talents, tell me more...
Dang...I didn't even think of that. Would have been a good 1. Hahahaha

Want sure where to post....I just figured there's a thread about every other saddle out there... Move it if that is what needs to happen.. That just makes it were only members can comment right?

Want sure where to post....I just figured there's a thread about every other saddle out there... Move it if that is what needs to happen.. That just makes it were only members can comment right?

Correct, in the vendor section anyone can read it but, only SH Member's can post.

and yes, @thedutchtouch @Fl Canopy Stalker owns Wood Hunting Saddles.

Actually, he can't because this isn't the vendor section. :)

Edit: If @Weldabeast doesn't object I can move this to the vendor section where @Fl Canopy Stalker can respond.
On that note... If there was some way to know (like a pinned post at the top of the vendor forum with a list that only mods can reply/update) which vendors were prepping which brands that would be rad. So rad I used the word rad.

On that note... If there was some way to know (like a pinned post at the top of the vendor forum with a list that only mods can reply/update) which vendors were prepping which brands that would be rad. So rad I used the word rad.

Honestly, we probably couldn't keep up with it. All vendors are supposed to have the vendor tag and we recommend, but don't require that they put their association in their signature.

Back