• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB Rock Climbing Harness for 10 yr old child

Tim W

Would like to buy a used harness small enough for my 10 year old. I haven't started researching yet, but open to suggestions on what would work best, my plan is to put him in a harness and then mod a sitdrag for him. I'd like to keep the cost as low as possible since I don't know how into it he will be. Any advice and offers are welcome. Thanks.

I would search eBay for a gym type harness. I have had my 7yo in a petzl pandion but only at ground level. Also I would probably go the fleece saddle route for maximum comfort to keep them happy.

I would search eBay for a gym type harness. I have had my 7yo in a petzl pandion but only at ground level. Also I would probably go the fleece saddle route for maximum comfort to keep them happy.
Would you recommend the petzl pandion or get something different? Thanks for the response.

Would you recommend the petzl pandion or get something different? Thanks for the response.

Well, I recommend it for an adult. There has to be something more child specific. It did seem to fit reasonably well but when a kid eventually wants to come with me I will get something made for their size.

Well, I recommend it for an adult. There has to be something more child specific. It did seem to fit reasonably well but when a kid eventually wants to come with me I will get something made for their size.
Thanks

Back