• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

xop platform- tree bracket options..

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
So i built my first platform and I love it.. i think the extra distance from the tree adds all the comfort I've been looking for.

I used lone wolf tree- V brackets... I see them flexing a good bit when I cam the seat over. I've jumped up and down on the setup as hard as I can and they're fine Im just wondering what other options are popular?

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Oct 3, 2014
Savannah, GA
FACEBOOK
g2outdoors
TWITTER
g2outdoors
YOUTUBE
G2Adventures
I use XOP BatWing brackets on my Ernie platform Kit and Muddy "V" brackets on my LW seat platform. The batwings are way more solid (also heavier) than the Muddys.

However, I can't imagine the bracket breaking. I've got 1.5 seasons on it now, and probably 40 hours of saddle time. The brackets are no worse for wear.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Reactions: quadro

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
Does the notch in the XOP batwings fit around the 1 /14" square tube commonly used for the platform?

they look to have a lower profile than the LW brackets?

One thing about the flex in the LW's is that it allows them to dig into the bark of the tree really well such that after I take the strap off the platform stays stuck to the tree.

My main concern with the LW's is how many cycles of flex they'll take until they start to fatigue... If they're 7075, I'm not even worried about that but there's no info on their alloy..

deleted_user01

Nov 12, 2016
I used Lone wolf batwings (same price) but a smaller bracket than the xop.
I haven't had a tree that the bracket (s) made contact with more than two points of contact as the strap limits the tree diameter for more than two points.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
I think someone broke lone wolf brackets.

sb220

Nov 6, 2016
VA
Does the notch in the XOP batwings fit around the 1 /14" square tube commonly used for the platform?

they look to have a lower profile than the LW brackets?

One thing about the flex in the LW's is that it allows them to dig into the bark of the tree really well such that after I take the strap off the platform stays stuck to the tree.

My main concern with the LW's is how many cycles of flex they'll take until they start to fatigue... If they're 7075, I'm not even worried about that but there's no info on their alloy..

Yeah the xop wings require 1-1/4" tubing (they don't spin like LW). Theyre cheap, so go ahead and get em. They dig in ridiculous and they aren't going to flex but I wish they had a little curvature to em. No big deal, but I only see the inner teeth splitting the tree down the middle.

Beefiest wing ive ever seen and I switched from a lw to xop wing on my bassboy platform. its superior for these small platforms

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
I jumped and stomped on mine as hard as I could and it held up. I disassembled it after and the casting looks good. I'm also 160lbs lol.

d_rek

Sep 25, 2014
SELP Michigan
I use the XOP 6-point brackets. They are super solid. They bite hard and don't flex at all and i'm 235lbs on a good day.

d_rek

Sep 25, 2014
SELP Michigan
I'm still surprised nobody has had the pivot portion of the cast platform break yet.

If it was going to fail anywhere that would be the place. So far so good. The engineers at XOP understand basic physics at least lol.

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
Oct 8, 2016
Wisconsin
I think someone broke lone wolf brackets.

I broke one a few weeks ago. It was one off a lw stick and it broke in half right through the bolt hole. The cam over on my klemz style platform must really strain that puppy!

I put the same kind back on but I will probably end up making a batwing style myself. Idk how long the replacement will last.

sb220

Nov 6, 2016
VA
I broke one a few weeks ago. It was one off a lw stick and it broke in half right through the bolt hole. The cam over on my klemz style platform must really strain that puppy!

I put the same kind back on but I will probably end up making a batwing style myself. Idk how long the replacement will last.
https://xopoutdoors.com/collections/replacement-parts/products/six-point-bracket

10 bucks for the last time youll have to worry about the batwing on your klemz. May still have to wonder about your grade 8s.....but theyre grade 8s

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
Oct 8, 2016
Wisconsin

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
Oct 8, 2016
Wisconsin
b3b0e29e74a020ecfbfb8b10d210b7f2.jpg

Here’s a pic for reference.

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for the link! Any idea on the inside dimension that would wrap around the main tube? The reason I ask is I am using a 1x1-1/2” rectangle tube. Idk if that bracket will fit.

earlier in the thread they said they fit 1 1/4 square.. I'll have mine later in the week and I'll verify.