• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

You dont get credit out west.

tailgunner

First thing is our weird scoring system.its like the rest of the world using the metric system....but we dont care we know chicks all over the world want inches.not millimeters....so what you back east call à ten point buck.we call à 4 point with eye gards.we only count 1 side and eyegards are just extra dope deer.sorry my dudes for bringing you down....you forfit all your bragging rights if you harvest anything on private land.no matter how big it is it dont count unless its from public land or timber company.private land is cheating.even climbing trees is fround apon as not realy hunting....you are just sitting there.you have to cover ground and beat brush.camron hanes kills killer blacktail bucks from trees but the old timers out here still knock him for it.thats not hunting.some say its not hunting if you have a gps.just seams weird compaired to the rest of the states.

First thing is our weird scoring system.its like the rest of the world using the metric system....but we dont care we know chicks all over the world want inches.not millimeters....so what you back east call à ten point buck.we call à 4 point with eye gards.we only count 1 side and eyegards are just extra dope deer.sorry my dudes for bringing you down....you forfit all your bragging rights if you harvest anything on private land.no matter how big it is it dont count unless its from public land or timber company.private land is cheating.even climbing trees is fround apon as not realy hunting....you are just sitting there.you have to cover ground and beat brush.camron hanes kills killer blacktail bucks from trees but the old timers out here still knock him for it.thats not hunting.some say its not hunting if you have a gps.just seams weird compaired to the rest of the states.
You could always move to God’s country…the south, and remedy your lands fatal flaws.

You also have about 1000% more public land than most all the other states on the east coast…. You also have about 1/100 of the hunters per sq mile as most states on the east coast. Public land sounds like a dream out there.

I suppose if you and some easterner are at a bar and some loose loving lady asks you and him what you are Packing and he says 10 and you say 4 with an eye guard and she picks you… she must be into some freaky western stuff anyway. Being from the East I will stick with 10, hunting wherever I can get access and sit in my tree wondering what that lady really thought she was getting into when you gave your answer and what kinda weird stuff she was expecting.

By the way, good luck going after that X=(B/2)-1 buck you are after.

Last edited:
When I moved to the south from the west people got a few chuckles out of how I counted points too and I'd never seen a tree stand in person before moving here either. I miss being on the ground hunting in the mountains but also grew to love tree stand hunting.

Gunner. Your an old roofer who still gets up and gets it. I know I can never keep up. I'll keep on enjoying sitting the field edge with my kids and watching deer. Some day Lord willing me and the kids can get to just experience the out west life. But for now I am happy enjoying what I got. Time with my kids.

You could always move to God’s country…the south, and remedy your lands fatal flaws.
If it dont look like this ....than its not gods country...just the land of gentiles...only flaw in my state is that good people leave it.if good people would move here instead and not just forfit the land to californians there would be no flaws.

Last edited:
Back