• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Your favorite 3 fingers under tab

Fgirtyman

SH Member
I have a few I use but always looking for something new. Help me out here. Anything ideas that may help me always appreciated.

Omnivore Quivers leather tabs, I like them they’re a bit thicker than most which I like as I shoot 50-65 lb bows. I have three (one main and two spares). My main one I’ve been using for a couple years. I should try their calf hair tabs.

Omnivore Quivers leather tabs, I like them they’re a bit thicker than most which I like as I shoot 50-65 lb bows. I have three (one main and two spares). My main one I’ve been using for a couple years. I should try their calf hair tabs.
Are those the tabs with the clicker built in?

Make a indestructible one make it out of seat belt material and a piece of leather
Smooth and flexible and wears like iron but cut it with a hot knife or if your careful use a wood carving tip thingamajig

Perfect timing for this post. My BW calf hair gave up the ghost yesterday evening. It is barely a year old. Pissed me off. My first BW tab lasted nearly 20 years but it was made back when stuff got made right. Lead to a discovery though, went back in and grabbed my old neat glove and the bow is actually quieter shooting with the glove. Now I am torn on replacing the tab, sticking with the old glove that I really am not a big fan of or trying a different glove.

Perfect timing for this post. My BW calf hair gave up the ghost yesterday evening. It is barely a year old. Pissed me off. My first BW tab lasted nearly 20 years but it was made back when stuff got made right. Lead to a discovery though, went back in and grabbed my old neat glove and the bow is actually quieter shooting with the glove. Now I am torn on replacing the tab, sticking with the old glove that I really am not a big fan of or trying a different glove.
Thanks, I am about in the same boat. My old tabs are worn out and been using a split finger BW shooting 3 under and not the answer. Back to trial and error for a while until I find the fit.

Make a indestructible one make it out of seat belt material and a piece of leather
Smooth and flexible and wears like iron but cut it with a hot knife or if your careful use a wood carving tip thingamajig
Could you give a little more detail or maybe a pic? You shooting off of the webbing material?

I also have found gloves to be quieter and found a guy that made me a couple of years ago- I believe elk skin with some kind of nylon on thr finger stalls along with a thumb hole.

I prefer a simple handmade leather tab. I used to used a pretty thick leather, but I’ve been gravitating toward a fairly thin tab, just enough to keep the friction of the string upon release off my finger tips.

Omnivore (all leather no hair) no complaints at all. Very comfortable to shoot 52lbs compared to my older thin calf hair tab. And he usually ships the day you order it. Like within hours

Back