• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Platform steps maybe ???

View attachment 3335 Just seen this and thought I would share ...... it’s “ Bullman Outdoors- The Silent Approach “ it’s a tree climbing step much like the ameristeps we all love ..
Check it out and see what you guys think or if you have used these , tell us your thoughts. Sorry I’m not sure how to add a link.
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Awesome I cannot believe this is the first we are hearing about these!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interested to hear how these work as a platform. It looks like they could tip side-to-side since the strap isn't really locked into place. Maybe a good tight strap using an OCB or ratchet would be sufficient?...

One thing for sure - whoever gets these first and tests them out must report back!!!!

Will be interested to hear how these work as a platform. It looks like they could tip side-to-side since the strap isn't really locked into place. Maybe a good tight strap using an OCB or ratchet would be sufficient?...

One thing for sure - whoever gets these first and tests them out must report back!!!!

1st thing I noticed was the strap slot. ???

I agree, how did we not know about these??

I really really hope they work well. But I have serious concerns about the design for use as a platform based off some steps I just built. I just bought a set of 6 to try out though.

Are these made from a 3D printer? The picture kinda looks like they are. I dont know enough about 3D printing to know if that is good or bad. But those lines make it seems like these are printed not molded...??

Are there any concerns about the "floatability" of the steps in that they aren't tight to the tree? I did hear in the video that you must step straight down on the steps. I hope they work well for those that buy them.

My initial thoughts are similar to Red. In most any step I've prototyped or seen prototyped or used, the step is prone to peeling away from the tree when the strap is below your foot. The leverage isn't in your favor, and it puts a massive requirement on the strap to be able to hold the step tight to the bark.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

These are designed so that there is no tree side or foot side. Can not be upside down so to speak. Symmetrical. That way you can put them on with your left hand and then alternate the next to your right hand. Puts the clamp on the side you prefer.

Are there any concerns about the "floatability" of the steps in that they aren't tight to the tree? I did hear in the video that you must step straight down on the steps. I hope they work well for those that buy them.

Link for the video? Their description on the product site didn’t have one that I saw, on the mobile version at least.

Never mind, found it on their home page instead of the product page google took me to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back