• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The new aero hunter mesh kestrel

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Please keep the discussion of this thread to the new aero hunter mesh kestrel as seen below. Thanks!
index.php

It's not listed on the aerohunter.us site yet. Anyone know when it'll be released, and what the price will be?

I really wish I knew about it before I pulled the trigger on my Mantis! Would have made for a really tough call, as I love the move away from seatbelt buckles. Still thinking I will put the two head to head, when do they go on sale?

@bowhunter15 did an excellent job presenting the kestrel mesh here. Newtribe has excellent quality. It looks durable and there are small improvements which will prove big especially like moving the linemans belt loops. I know that was a concern of mine!! Great job and im sure it will do well!!

I like the mesh because you forget you're even wearing it, and I don't find stepping through the leg loops and running the feedthrough buckle to be much of a burden. Takes me a few extra seconds to put on at the truck and then I reap the benefits (weight/breathability) over the rest of the trek. Once in the tree, they're so comparable I'm fine with either because you're not really moving much. It's better in hot weather and not as noticeable of a difference in cold (carrying extra weight in clothes sort of dilutes the weight difference between versions). And with an underquilt, the mesh has a touch more versatility.
@bowhunter15 between the two versions of the kestrel which would you choose.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. The new kestrel looks to have excellent craftsmanship, as expected from aerohunter. I’d like to see a more in depth look at the latest mesh saddle. Close ups while putting on, buckling up, wearing, hooking up, and adjusting is what I’d like to see.
Looks like the leg straps are hard to buckle. I like the idea of the leg buckle design but if it’s not an easy attachment, that’s a deal breaker for me. Gloves will make it even more difficult.

Thanks for the review. The new kestrel looks to have excellent craftsmanship, as expected from aerohunter. I’d like to see a more in depth look at the latest mesh saddle. Close ups while putting on, buckling up, wearing, hooking up, and adjusting is what I’d like to see.
Looks like the leg straps are hard to buckle. I like the idea of the leg buckle design but if it’s not an easy attachment, that’s a deal breaker for me. Gloves will make it even more difficult.

I'd prob just leave them attached and step through. The tighten a bit. I’m curious about the changes as well. My 2 issues were the LB too far back and the molle so dang tight. Both are said to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is there any plan to offer leg straps without buckles, like the old trophyline? I've been considering modifying mine, or contacting Aerohunter to see if they would do it. I always step through, and would like to eliminate the weight and clank.

Bobby would be a better person to answer, but I thought I remember hearing something about a trophyline patent on the continuous leg loops.
Is there any plan to offer leg straps without buckles, like the old trophyline? I've been considering modifying mine, or contacting Aerohunter to see if they would do it. I always step through, and would like to eliminate the weight and clank.

Right?! Isn't customization the logical next step, how much more is there to really innovate on the basic pimped out sitdrag style? I would absolutely pay more to get the exact configurations I want. It's not like these things are mass produced.

Right?! Isn't customization the logical next step, how much more is there to really innovate on the basic pimped out sitdrag style? I would absolutely pay more to get the exact configurations I want. It's not like these things are mass produced.
I personally think it would be really cool to have a "made to order" option. Choose your material from a dropdown, choose your waist buckle, choose your leg buckles, choose your accessories, pay calculated final price. Maybe at some point that'll become possible. I'm not sure what the impact on order time would be.

Loved my Kestrel last season but was wishing it was made of mesh on the real hot days. I will be picking one of these up when they become available. New Tribe makes a great product and the quality is second to none.

I really liked my leg buckles because always felt like it was hard to fish my size 14 bulky rubber boots through the leg loops. I am really interested to see how well the mesh version packs down because I almost always pack my saddle in.

Back