• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

words floating on air

noxninja

I am a dad. God saw fit to bless me to be one to my daughter. I fail miserably at times, and if our time together continues in years ahead I am sure struggles will continue. Words will be said on both sides, hurt will exist, tears will fall, but love will forever be. I will be daddy no matter what.

On our hunt she and I sat aloft comfortably in blind. I had forgotten my phone, so there were no texts, no pictures or video, but during those few hours of beautiful fleeting golden light, she and I shared words and exchanges that are even more precious to mention. I told her about her ancestry, she asked me questions about various topics that have already crept into her innocence and I did my best to answer them with the limited wisdom that I have. I told her stories of my past, my life before momma, and some funny stories. We laughed in whispered hushes. Pauses in the conversation would occasionally take place, but even in that silence the air still spoke each as precious as those uttered.

I won't talk about the specifics of the actual deer and harvest, but once the shot was taken, she said "daddy feel my heart, its beating so fast!" Her heart, which was the first thing I heard before I even saw her face, thumped so hard and rapidly within her chest with eyes excitedly wide.

As we knelt over the deer she looked at me and said, "daddy do you know where else I would want to be right now?" I crinkled my forehead and raised an eye brow. She said "no where". Me neither baby.... me neither

23972635877_43d34cd45e_m.jpg

I am a dad. God saw fit to bless me to be one to my daughter. I fail miserably at times, and if our time together continues in years ahead I am sure struggles will continue. Words will be said on both sides, hurt will exist, tears will fall, but love will forever be. I will be daddy no matter what.

On our hunt she and I sat aloft comfortably in blind. I had forgotten my phone, so there were no texts, no pictures or video, but during those few hours of beautiful fleeting golden light, she and I shared words and exchanges that are even more precious to mention. I told her about her ancestry, she asked me questions about various topics that have already crept into her innocence and I did my best to answer them with the limited wisdom that I have. I told her stories of my past, my life before momma, and some funny stories. We laughed in whispered hushes. Pauses in the conversation would occasionally take place, but even in that silence the air still spoke each as precious as those uttered.

I won't talk about the specifics of the actual deer and harvest, but once the shot was taken, she said "daddy feel my heart, its beating so fast!" Her heart, which was the first thing I heard before I even saw her face, thumped so hard and rapidly within her chest with eyes excitedly wide.

As we knelt over the deer she looked at me and said, "daddy do you know where else I would want to be right now?" I crinkled my forehead and raised an eye brow. She said "no where". Me neither baby.... me neither

View attachment 3471
I can't like this post enough. I have a daughter too and would cherish that time more than gold......
14cad6c8f1085d0db0fa7e9a151e4bc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome post. This is what it is about folks! Nothing like it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man that's awesome!! I just spent a weekend in the blind with my son and we had a great time. Wouldn't trade those hunts for a truckload of big bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noxnija This really strikes a cord with me. I also have a daughter and we have been sharing a deer blind since she was old enough to hunt. She's now 23 and we still share a blind for opening day of rifle season as tradition. I've never been happier or more excited about any deer harvest I've been a part of than her first deer. Wishing you and your daughter many more happy adventures.

You're gonna have a bunch of men with tears in there eyes. I keep hoping my daughter will want to hunt with me one day, but I'm just as happy with her interest not always lining up with mine. God knew what he was doing when he gave me a little girl! Thanks for sharing that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Awesome post. My daughter hunted one time with me and it was a blast. I won't hijack your post to tell the story which was an awesome hunt but, A few days later I mentioned hunting again and she told me that the only reason she hunted was because she bet a boy in her class that she could shoot a bigger buck than him. Her 6 pt was bigger than his and she hasn't hunted again but, at least I have that one memory.

Awesome post. My daughter hunted one time with me and it was a blast. I won't hijack your post to tell the story which was an awesome hunt but, A few days later I mentioned hunting again and she told me that the only reason she hunted was because she bet a boy in her class that she could shoot a bigger buck than him. Her 6 pt was bigger than his and she hasn't hunted again but, at least I have that one memory.

Seems like you need to pay some boys to make another bet!

Awesome post...i have a 3 year old boy and 4 month old daughter and am really looking forward to getting them outdoors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WOW, I actually have some tears flowing down my face as I write this reply as that gem of a moment in time hit home, big time. I have 2 daughters and 3 sons and had some moments similar to yours but at the time I couldn't put two sentences together properly.

What a phenomenal time in your daughters and your lives and I can't begin to tell you how well you expressed it in words. Absolutely beautifully written. I don't know what you do for a living but writing from the heart is definitely a talent you have.

Congratulations to both you and your daughter on the hunt, but more so on the lifelong bonds it had.

Awesome post! I'm a little bit jealous, I can't seem to get my daughter interested in hunting. I'm hoping the Hunger Games series will at least get her to shoot a bow with me, we haven't watched it yet, she's only 11! Hopefully her little brothers will be interested, but I'm a little concerned, my oldest boy(3), told me that we should eat animals when I showed him a deer that got that morning, lol.

definite goosebumps here man!

I now have a 9 month old daughter at 37 (our first child) and I pray to have times like this with her.

Despite all the things you feel you fail on, this is a major win that not many kids get to experience. I didn't.

I am head over heels in love with my daughter. I see so much of myself in her and at 2 she already has such a love for the outdoors and animals. I am enjoying every moment but I do look forward to nurturing that and all the good times that we will have :D.

We had our first snow of the year last weekend, the first one she has been really aware of. On Sunday we built 4 snowmen and a snow "tower" :D:D:D

I am head over heels in love with my daughter. I see so much of myself in her and at 2 she already has such a love for the outdoors and animals. I am enjoying every moment but I do look forward to nurturing that and all the good times that we will have :D.

We had our first snow of the year last weekend, the first one she has been really aware of. On Sunday we built 4 snowmen and a snow "tower" :D:D:D

It's crazy ain't it? My little girl just turned three and I can't imagine life without her. She told me the other day "daddy I'm gonna shoot a buck. Not a big one, a baby one!" I can't wait to get her out there. She LOVES catching "blue gittles" at the pond for now
c74baa77a0609e1a838cacaac1bd143d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back