• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

Going back to PSE.

Dudley made a Nock 30 option also which gets around 11fps more based on the E2 cam instead of the EC2. The E2 is more aggressive and is also an option on the Levitate as well. You also can go to a 31 inch DL with the Nock 30 versus the Mach 30 in case anyone needed that extra inch of DL or wants the faster speeds.

Carbon fiber isn't an optimal material for whatever climbing related or platforms in my opinion. I'm old enough to remember the Ol' Man Air Elite attempt at carbon fiber tree stands.. You guys be the guinea pig. Maybe I'm wrong because todays carbon fiber looks more like plastic but ask yourself if you think a carbon fiber anything will last as long as aluminum.

Excellent marketing photo strategically not showing the width or depth unless you can use the top of that stick as a unit of measure to figure it out.

6635EC0A-F386-45EF-B6F0-B78EB124786B.jpeg

Lol.

Is the Dynalite long enough to double/triple wrap a tree Like that? What’s up with the stick/platform attachments?

Not super new but for those geek out on arrow flight and ballistics.
View attachment 95381

In relation to arrow flight and tuning, there's also this. If I hadn't already built my own i would pick one of these up.

BT

Looks like a decent paper tuner.

Yeah I like the small footprint of it and that it hangs from the ceiling. My current tuner is a PVC monstrosity. Works great but takes up alot of floor space unless I want to take it apart each time I'm done using it.

BT

I had a carbon splinter in my finger once from a broken tennis racket.

It was extremely painful. It felt like stingy nettle but way worse. Maybe due to the small carbon hairs?

Anyways, can't imagine a catastrophic carbon platform failure and a piece the size of a ruler going into your leg.
That for sure won't happen with the Vader or whatever Tethrd is calling their new CF platform. It's forged CF just like the latitude sticks. No long threads to spike you just a bazillion short fibers.

Carbon fiber isn't an optimal material for whatever climbing related or platforms in my opinion. I'm old enough to remember the Ol' Man Air Elite attempt at carbon fiber tree stands.. You guys be the guinea pig. Maybe I'm wrong because todays carbon fiber looks more like plastic but ask yourself if you think a carbon fiber anything will last as long as aluminum.
Interesting take, and you're right, these first CF offerings are exactly that, plastic with CF filling (forged).
However, I will say that CF when utilized correctly, has an inexhaustible stress life. That is, if the load limit is never reached, they will always bounce back. Yes, the CF submarine failed, but that was likely because it went past its stress limits 1 time too many.
I have a CF platform that is 3 years old now and has passed multiple inspections for ply damage and fibers breaking.

View attachment 95375

Lol.

Is the Dynalite long enough to double/triple wrap a tree Like that? What’s up with the stick/platform attachments?
I don't know anything about what the attachment method length will be with the final product that ships nor anything about that marketing photo and stick attachments also.

I do know a lot of people will be surprised at the weight and measurements of the platform once they are release that info.

Not super new but for those geek out on arrow flight and ballistics.
View attachment 95381
It also does ballistics for bullets too. It is super compact and easy to set up. Those two features alone make it worth it to shop owners or people who shoot a lot or develop custom loads or arrows. Instead of having to set up the Caldwell on the tripod and get it all out of the bag, you pull this thing out, turn it on and shoot over it and you're done. If you only shoot once or twice here and there, this is overkill. But if you are constantly testing new arrows or bullets. This is way nicer than the Caldwell or Magneto Speed.

Back