• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG Crossover Climber Reviews

There’s finally a review up on YouTube. Seems to be non-biased.

Unbiased, ok, but frankly he's not good at a climber.

Two notes for guys that either don't use climbers or look like this guy:

First, is he purposely trying to make noise for the sake of the video? Possibly? Crikes, who in their right mind sits there setting up the climber on the base like he's doing. Just take some time not to make metal on metal contact. He make so much unecessary scraping and clanging, what the heck man. This isn't a climber specific, or any particular setup specific, nor do you need to cover every inch of gear in moleskin. Just stop banging them around!

Second, his climbing technique sucks. This would be for guys that are serious about not making noise. If not, carry on. You can't sit and climb quietly, you just can't. You gotta man up, hit the gym and do some dips, and run that thing like a man that runs things. You get up in that high position on your elbows, and you don't drag the dranged thing up the trunk. The first thing you do as you take the weight on your elbows, is you point for toes down, toward the ground. That clears the cable, which you then can pull up with your core, without a single dragging sound. Spatial awareness, try it out.

That's all. I don't mean to be that guy, just point out, the execution with the gear matters. It's good videography I agree. Nice not to have annoying blabbering and music. Very well done in that regard.

Does anyone in Central PA have one of these yet? I'd kinda like to check one out. Heck I'll show yinz how to climb like a ninja, maybe even make the world a Christmas youtoobs.

Does anyone in Central PA have one of these yet? I'd kinda like to check one out. Heck I'll show yinz how to climb like a ninja, maybe even make the world a Christmas youtoobs.

You want to take a ride east to north Jersey you can check mine out

First, is he purposely trying to make noise for the sake of the video? Possibly? Crikes, who in their right mind sits there setting up the climber on the base like he's doing. Just take some time not to make metal on metal contact. He make so much unecessary scraping and clanging, what the heck man. This isn't a climber specific, or any particular setup specific, nor do you need to cover every inch of gear in moleskin. Just stop banging them around!

Second, his climbing technique sucks. This would be for guys that are serious about not making noise. If not, carry on. You can't sit and climb quietly, you just can't. You gotta man up, hit the gym and do some dips, and run that thing like a man that runs things. You get up in that high position on your elbows, and you don't drag the dranged thing up the trunk. The first thing you do as you take the weight on your elbows, is you point for toes down, toward the ground. That clears the cable, which you then can pull up with your core, without a single dragging sound. Spatial awareness, try it out.

That's all. I don't mean to be that guy, just point out, the execution with the gear matters. It's good videography I agree. Nice not to have annoying blabbering and music. Very well done in that regard.
That was the first time I ever remember seeing anyone put the base on the tree first.

Yeah, I mean holy cow. If you look at the time stamps he set his gun down at 3:35 and didn’t make his first move up the tree until 10:38. That’s horribly inefficient. And loud. 2TC is just so efficient. Even with multiple, small moves like I do.

Anyone else receive their Crossover order placed ~Black Friday or after? Emailed for the first time to request a status ~4days ago. No response as yet...

That was tough to watch. I bounced forward many, many times. He shoulda had his son do the video.

Completely agree with the hang by the elbows and use your core to make it all happen.

Not too critical though. He's not too much older than me. Hope I'm not that scatterbrained when I'm his age...

That was tough to watch. I bounced forward many, many times. He shoulda had his son do the video.

Completely agree with the hang by the elbows and use your core to make it all happen.

Not too critical though. He's not too much older than me. Hope I'm not that scatterbrained when I'm his age...

Looked like he chose a tree past the ~18" max recom dia. Hope those bands are not as floppy as the they look climbing ragged bark trees. The reason I bought and sold my old Sit-N-Climb within a week of purchasing it back in the day and stayed with a Summit and cables all these years.

Looked like he chose a tree past the ~18" max recom dia. Hope those bands are not as floppy as the they look climbing ragged bark trees. The reason I bought and sold my old Sit-N-Climb within a week of purchasing it back in the day and stayed with a Summit and cables all these years.
I had the LW hand climber back around the 2007-2009 area. Didn't like it. I stayed with the Summits as well.

….Second, his climbing technique sucks. This would be for guys that are serious about not making noise. If not, carry on. You can't sit and climb quietly, you just can't. You gotta man up, hit the gym and do some dips, and run that thing like a man that runs things. You get up in that high position on your elbows, and you don't drag the dranged thing up the trunk. The first thing you do as you take the weight on your elbows, is you point for toes down, toward the ground. That clears the cable, which you then can pull up with your core, without a single dragging sound. Spatial awareness, try it out.

That's all. I don't mean to be that guy, just point out, the execution with the gear matters…

I’ve climbed quietly with the LW Sit and Climb for many years, sitting and climbing. Have had deer walk below me while climbing quietly…does, bucks, nice bucks even. Not the goal, but it’s happened.

I agree, the guy in this video looks like he’s doing it all for the first time and struggling through it.

But you can sit and climb quietly. Controlling the platform is key, and the duck footed method tends to work best for most on the old models for doing that. Can’t say what’s best with the Crossover, as I’ve not had one to try.

Last edited:

The og LW cables work fine for me. Never tried a Summit climber, they just seemed so bulky, and heavy at the time. Maybe, I’d prefer the Summit cables for climbing, idk. But the packability of LW was always far superior and the Crossover even builds on that.

I know some have modified the LW hand climber top with Summit cables for climbing with a saddle, so there must be something to it. Still, I’m having no problems climbing with my modified LW base with LW cables.

I know others complain about them. I see a lot of media where people climb as poorly or worse than the fella in the subject video, and figure that’s why.

As bad as it went for him, he still makes a compelling argument about the benefits of the Crossover compared to his other climbing stands, and I bet he improves over time with using it efficiently.

I had the LW hand climber back around the 2007-2009 area. Didn't like it. I stayed with the Summits as well.
I felt like with the lonewolf I could only baby step up the tree along with knees rubbing bark. Summit you can shimmy up a tree within minutes. Summit was a recliner with a hazmore on it aswell.

I felt like with the lonewolf I could only baby step up the tree along with knees rubbing bark. Summit you can shimmy up a tree within minutes. Summit was a recliner with a hazmore on it aswell.

Knees rubbing bark? Been using the crossover quite a bit and never had a problem with my knees hitting the tree.

I have also used summits, lonewolfs, XOP, api and equalizer climbers. Never had that issue with any of them. I prefer being close to the tree. I think it makes for a more controlled quiet climb.

Knees rubbing bark? Been using the crossover quite a bit and never had a problem with my knees hitting the tree.

I have also used summits, lonewolfs, XOP, api and equalizer climbers. Never had that issue with any of them. I prefer being close to the tree. I think it makes for a more controlled quiet climb.
Not speaking on the crossover. I was referencing the old lone wolf sit and climb. If taking a big stride up the tree the old lone wolf always felt crammed and knees on the tree. Summit I could fly up in no time. Been a long time though since I’ve used a climber now that the river bottoms I hunt have very few trees to use a climber on.

I’m curious to see how they turn out. I just sold my XOP Ambush sit and Climb. There was some things I liked about it and several that I didn’t. It better be freaking perfect for $1K!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love how it lays flat, also looks pretty light.

As a Bowhunter, I do not like the front bar, or stepping over it to fold under.
Too many moving parts for me personally (think about when it's dark)
Seat ? I've had worse.
$1000....tough sell to me.

Still love my API Bowhunter climber (original 20+ year old one)....all day sits (with a nap or three) NO problem

1704116472043.png

The og LW cables work fine for me. Never tried a Summit climber, they just seemed so bulky, and heavy at the time. Maybe, I’d prefer the Summit cables for climbing, idk. But the packability of LW was always far superior and the Crossover even builds on that.

I know some have modified the LW hand climber top with Summit cables for climbing with a saddle, so there must be something to it. Still, I’m having no problems climbing with my modified LW base with LW cables.

I know others complain about them. I see a lot of media where people climb as poorly or worse than the fella in the subject video, and figure that’s why.

As bad as it went for him, he still makes a compelling argument about the benefits of the Crossover compared to his other climbing stands, and I bet he improves over time with using it efficiently.
Agree that something like Summit Viper, or Goliath, or Titan were too big and bulky. Never owned one, as I only wanted an open front stand. Owned a couple Cobra's which were later replaced by the Bushmaster. Which Summit replaced mine under warranty as the hand climber portions on both Cobras cracked inside of a year or two. They were lighter than the Bushmaster. Which I still own and use. Comes in ~20lbs. with "air bladder" cushion seats and Summit straps. Definitely the Lazy-Boy of stands.
Owned the OG Open Shot when it first came out for all of about 2wks and resold it. Size was perfect, but hand climber/seat comfort was horrible in comparison to the BM for the 3-4lbs. weight saved. Never owned the collapsible version of the Bushmaster. (May have been the Razor) The pins and clips allowing it to stow flat always equated to me to be a likely source of play and noise while climbing

I'll prob use the Crossover hand climber like I do the BM. Maybe not, but that thin "sit bar" I could see as not too comfortable and developing a bow to it with my weight.
Just skeptical the Crossover bands will be stout enough to climb similar diameter trees as in the video with same ease as Summit cables. If LWCG came out with a similar cable design they'd really have something. Be curious to know the weight difference between cable and rubber/fiber band.

Do hope LWCG fills their advertised CS position soon, as their response time is deplorable. Time to try a phone call this week...

Last edited:
Love how it lays flat, also looks pretty light.

As a Bowhunter, I do not like the front bar, or stepping over it to fold under.
Too many moving parts for me personally (think about when it's dark)
Seat ? I've had worse.
$1000....tough sell to me.

Still love my API Bowhunter climber (original 20+ year old one)....all day sits (with a nap or three) NO problem

View attachment 97682

Owned one of these too but didnt like their "chain cable" design vs Summit's.

Back