• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG Crossover Climber Reviews

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Anybody get theirs and start to spend time in it? I've been eyeballing one since conception and will be curious to see how they do in the field this year. If you've got one, post your thoughts!

I just tried it out with a friends LWCG and it was okay. I have a feeling due to my physical size, the comfort of the folding seat isn't there for me. My femurs are too long (6'5, 235) so I feel like leaning or just sitting in my saddle and using the tree in front of me. Maybe that isn't enough time to formulate a stronger level of feedback (one week total). I'm sure it is a very nice setup overall though. Best of both worlds with the Dryad Killdeer belt for sure.

I just tried it out with a friends LWCG and it was okay. I have a feeling due to my physical size, the comfort of the folding seat isn't there for me. My femurs are too long (6'5, 235) so I feel like leaning or just sitting in my saddle and using the tree in front of me. Maybe that isn't enough time to formulate a stronger level of feedback (one week total). I'm sure it is a very nice setup overall though. Best of both worlds with the Dryad Killdeer belt for sure.
How was the flex? I'm wary of the 250lb rating.

No flex in the platform. Your over 250lbs you aren’t cramming your ass in the top. I would say it’s designed for people 36” waist and under. The seat with the pad was surprisingly comfortable to me…
Can you lift the seat up out of the way? Looks like the webbing is stationary?

No flex in the platform. Your over 250lbs you aren’t cramming your ass in the top. I would say it’s designed for people 36” waist and under. The seat with the pad was surprisingly comfortable to me…

I heard Andrae mention in a video about it that the plan is to introduce a larger version of it in the near future

Can I pre order it?

Here’s the video where he mentions it, I don’t know anything more about it than that. I probably should’ve just said future instead of near future, hopefully in the next couple years. The current one is too small for me, I’d fit it fine but like a little more comfort :D

Here’s the video where he mentions it, I don’t know anything more about it than that. I probably should’ve just said future instead of near future, hopefully in the next couple years. The current one is too small for me, I’d fit it fine but like a little more comfort :D

I sent them a e mail and they said they were entertaining the idea, what ever that means.

But would what the larger size weigh? The current size definitely turned me off but larger stand at the same weight (yes dreaming) would definitely get me interested.

But would what the larger size weigh? The current size definitely turned me off but larger stand at the same weight (yes dreaming) would definitely get me interested.
Maybe 3lbs more.
I would be interested mostly for a easy climb in cold weather.
Not saying I would give up my .75. Just saying for me it would be another option.

Pictures of the seat on the web site.

You gotta keep in mind this is machined aluminum. You have to keep flex to an acceptable amount. With a hangon you can just push the cables out further. Not so easy with a climber. Those arms need to be on a good angle so you can angle the teeth off the tree to climb. Without bumping the material up to 3/4” plate. I don’t think you could get it to much bigger

Pictures of the seat on the web site.

Pictures don’t do it justice. It really is surprisingly comfortable. Much more comfortable than any hang or hand climber seat. Might not be a summit comfort seat but it’s not that far off either.

Pictures don’t do it justice. It really is surprisingly comfortable. Much more comfortable than any hang or hand climber seat. Might not be a summit comfort seat but it’s not that far off either.

How would you compare it to sitting in a 1.0? Been full time in that stand for 3 seasons now. I heard someone mention it was comparable to a .5 and that turned me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back