• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG Crossover Climber Reviews

Its jus that Im a big guy & being so close to the tree is hard for me. The summit I go uo quick & quiet
How big of a guy are you?
I did not order one because I am 6' 3" and 235lbs.
I did not have a problem with the Lone Wolf hand climber and the seat strap.

The only response I received to my Feb 5 inquiry for my Black Friday order was auto-generated:

"Due to increase in email volume please allow 24-36 hours before receiving a response. Also keep in mind if you email a second time this will delay our response further."

Never got an actual response. Beyond poor customer service.

Two weeks later I get another auto-generated email:

"We wanted to provide an update on the status of your order. As with all of our products, innovation and consistent quality are what sets LWCG apart. As we work to finalize the assembly of your Crossover Climber, these will be sent out as soon as February 23rd. Please reach out with any questions."

My response which I wont hold my breath that it gets other than another automated reply:

"An actual date....And why would this one be any different than the previous weeks or months until delivery updates? 3 months for an in stock item order. Beyond deplorable...

Even though I dont own it yet, this stand already has "a bad taste in your mouth" feel to it. For the inconvenience you should be offering a discount to those who have waited this long.

And why would I reach out with another question when what I've already asked goes unanswered? Inexcusable customer service...

I hope the gross profit you retain in not hiring adequate staff to accommodate satisfying these orders is worth it.

If I don't recieve a tracking number by the 23rd you can cancel this order.

The only response I received to my Feb 5 inquiry for my Black Friday order was auto-generated:

"Due to increase in email volume please allow 24-36 hours before receiving a response. Also keep in mind if you email a second time this will delay our response further."

"We wanted to provide an update on the status of your order. As with all of our products, innovation and consistent quality are what sets LWCG apart. As we work to finalize the assembly of your Crossover Climber, these will be sent out as soon as February 23rd. Please reach out with any questions."

My response which I wont hold my breath that it gets other than another automated reply:

"An actual date....And why would this one be any different than the previous weeks or months until delivery updates? 3 months for an in stock item order. Beyond deplorable...

Even though I dont own it yet, this stand already has "a bad taste in your mouth" feel to it. For the inconvenience you should be offering a discount to those who have waited this long.

And why would I reach out with another question when what I've already asked goes unanswered? Inexcusable customer service...

I hope the gross profit you retain in not hiring adequate staff to accommodate satisfying these orders is worth it.

There's something 'off' about those two. I'm referring to the dad and son who, I understand, own the company.

They give off a 'holier than thou' vibe that I've never gravitated toward.
And what's more, everyone I've seen with this attitude seems to crash and burn some time later in their lives. It's as if it takes people quite a few years to realize their stories don't add up - or something else clicks - and those around them all of a sudden have a CLEAR perception of who they really are. Frauds / Con Men / Grifters.

I have two sets of Alpha Asalt stand and sticks I bought way back in 2006 or 2007 and I love them. Had a LW hand climber around the same timeframe, but sold it because I liked my OpenShot better.

I've said I would buy one of these Crossovers at some point, but I'm thinking I'll definitely be waiting until the used market opens up.

Crappy deal. Sometimes speaking to someone on the phone is better than email, unless you’re going for a “paper trail”. I’ve had good customer service from the folks I‘ve talked to at LWCG.

There's something 'off' about those two. I'm referring to the dad and son who, I understand, own the company.

They give off a 'holier than thou' vibe that I've never gravitated toward.
And what's more, everyone I've seen with this attitude seems to crash and burn some time later in their lives. It's as if it takes people quite a few years to realize their stories don't add up - or something else clicks - and those around them all of a sudden have a CLEAR perception of who they really are. Frauds / Con Men / Grifters.

I have two sets of Alpha Asalt stand and sticks I bought way back in 2006 or 2007 and I love them. Had a LW hand climber around the same timeframe, but sold it because I liked my OpenShot better.

I've said I would buy one of these Crossovers at some point, but I'm thinking I'll definitely be waiting until the used market opens up.
Agree that Andre gives off the above mentioned vibe. Can't say that I see it in Cody.

If I receive it, this stand will be that last money that LWCG sees from me. Any other LWCG purchase will be from the second hand market.

I have a crossover and I absolutely love it. With that said there is a lot of machining with this stand. The tolerances of the fancy stabilizer bar to nest perfectly flush into the platform I am sure is the pain point. The machine shop might be having a tough time with those tolerances. Could be out of LWCGs hands.

I have a crossover and I absolutely love it. With that said there is a lot of machining with this stand. The tolerances of the fancy stabilizer bar to nest perfectly flush into the platform I am sure is the pain point. The machine shop might be having a tough time with those tolerances. Could be out of LWCGs hands.

I'm sure it's a great stand.

I deal with a lot of parts for defense industry requiring intricate machining 5th axis machines etc. and our shops have no difficulty coming through.

If it be the case its beyond time they find a new shop. Like 3 months ago...

And zero excuse for lack of customer service response.

I'm sure it's a great stand.

I deal with a lot of parts for defense industry requiring intricate machining 5th axis machines etc. and our shops have no difficulty coming through.

If it be the case its beyond time they find a new shop. Like 3 months ago...

And zero excuse for lack of customer service response.

Really though, defense industry parts delays are commonly reported.

Would be nice to get real truth as to the delay. Then I might be more sympathetic.

If I were a betting man I'd say I think the delay more than likely a case of father and son assembling thousands of stands themselves rather than hire a few to help with the assembly.

Their "consistant quality" reference leading me in that direction and it being their argument, rather than it really them being cheap in not hiring a crew to assemble.

Knowing the cost of machining and materials I'm sure there's not a lot of margin in these stands if it be the reason they're doing it all themselves.

Just don't blow smoke up my ass blaming it on Holiday delays. Which have now dragged out to nearly March...

Would be nice to get real truth as to the delay. Then I might be more sympathetic.

If I were a betting man I'd say I think the delay more than likely a case of father and son assembling thousands of stands themselves rather than hire a few to help with the assembly.

Their "consistant quality" reference leading me in that direction and it being their argument, rather than it really them being cheap in not hiring a crew to assemble.

Knowing the cost of machining and materials I'm sure there's not a lot of margin in these stands if it be the reason they're doing it all themselves.

Just don't blow smoke up my ass blaming it on Holiday delays. Which have now dragged out to nearly March...

Well you would be assuming wrong. They have a crew assembling stands. Can’t assemble with parts you don’t have

Instead of being straight up with some honest answers, even automated, they leave the matter open to interpretation. Weak. And there's more machine shops than just in Milwaukee or wherever they've chosen their source.

If there were machining difficulties they should have known and been ironed out with the prototype prior to taking orders and going into production, not passed on as a burden for customers to bear.

414-209-5419

Here's their phone number. Usually if I can't get the response I want by email I try calling to talk it out. You seem pretty upset and I can't really blame you but your responses of complaints aren't really doing much for this thread. Give them a call.

414-209-5419

Here's their phone number. Usually if I can't get the response I want by email I try calling to talk it out. You seem pretty upset and I can't really blame you but your responses of complaints aren't really doing much for this thread. Give them a call.

My "complaints aren't doing much for this thread".

Correct me if I'm wrong but the title of the thread is "LWCG Crossover Climber reviews", and the intent of it is for anyone who's purchased one to provide feedback to better help others who might be considering same purchase. I'd love to give a review of the stand. But had I not already purchased one, what I've shared here is certainly info I'd want to know before shelling out a G or more for a product to wait the same 4 mos. for.

My experience with this buy also had me reflecting back a couple months ago on someone else's complaint here or on another site of a similar delay for this stand. At the time my thoughts were for the person to be grateful they recieved the stand in time to still use it for their 23' season, that many were still waiting for it. It's not even about being upset. Reiterating more or less his same sentiments it's more about being taken for granted as a retail customer, that this is OK. Have a retail website that accurately updates with your existing inventory. Dont sell me something as in stock when its not. If you tell me you need 24-36hrs to respond to an email, respond within that time. My day is busy too and my time just as valuable. I dont have time during the day sitting on hold on a customer service line. If you want customer loyalty and future repeat business you do these things. If not tells me you dont give a sh!t, and nor do I to be a repeat customer

You might also think what does it matter you don't need a stand for another 7-8 mos anyway. I would be using right now to kill coyotes instead of lugging my Summit climber or a hang on w/sticks.

And another thing I neglected to mention was there were several other items on the order in addition to the climber. Which any other vendor would have shipped without the stand by now just due to the delay. They chose not to. After 2 mos. I asked that those items be cancelled from the order. Which they did but not before letting me know how fortunate I was that they would not be charging me a restocking fee for them. Imagine, a restocking fee for items which never left their warehouse and a good chance were now also on backorder. Who does this??

Anyway, point taken and I think mine made. Whether I ever recieve this stand or not, for you @AttackMode and anyone else bothered by these posts, I'll refrain from any more to this thread.

FFS just give them a call. Unless you want to be mad about this forever lol.

Personally i have to agree with pic1 as far as delays, not on this but a lot of products. We as consumers have allowed these companies claim to have this great product and "give us your money up front and we'll get it to you sometime "it has become ridiculous . If its not available i now dont order i am not thier start up capitol...the word preorder is bull crap...these companies should be made to tow the line...advertise a product...take orders and money for said product....ship product.....i saw a thread on here about trying to not buy any equipment this season... lets use our power in this small niche and band together and stop allowing preorders!!

Personally i have to agree with pic1 as far as delays, not on this but a lot of products. We as consumers have allowed these companies claim to have this great product and "give us your money up front and we'll get it to you sometime "it has become ridiculous . If its not available i now dont order i am not thier start up capitol...the word preorder is bull crap...these companies should be made to tow the line...advertise a product...take orders and money for said product....ship product.....i saw a thread on here about trying to not buy any equipment this season... lets use our power in this small niche and band together and stop allowing preorders!!
I think they should allow preorders but not charge your card until the order ships, but that might just be me. That gives the company a better idea of demand without the consumer spending money in advance. If they have a better idea of demand they can get capital from other sources than consumers. Just my two cents.

I will give kudos to hunting beast , when i ordered my stand it wasn't charged till it shipped. But so far its been the only one....hunting arsenal, tethrd, lwcg, just to name a few want our money but dont have the product and the best they can do is give us an estimated date which in my experience never holds true.......how about they ship me the product and i receive it and give them a pending payment date...hmmmm...think theyd go for it.....ive decided enough is enough...i dont need to be the first or the few who have it...im not gonna let the piper lead me over the cliff

Last edited:
On another archery related website, I watched guys transition from excited pre-order buyers last spring......to jopeful R&D investors by mid- summer....to worrisome bowhunters wondering if they would get their Crossover stands by season opener. Well that didn't happen and a bunch decided to request a refund, but some still hung in there and eventually the first pre-order group got their stands. Reviews were mixed but generally favorable.....what are you going to say when you fronted $1k and waited most of a calendar year? i've heard several guys who are leaving the uppers at home and using only the base with a tether and saddle. That is great.....if you don't mind $500 laying in your garage. When I voiced my opinon that this whole gig sounded fishy, a fellow called me a 'glass half empty' kind of guy. I challenged that and said at least my wallet isn't half empy waiting for a stand that many others ordered sight unseen and were secretly hoping was actually going to be produced in 2023. NOT impressed.......

On another archery related website, I watched guys transition from excited pre-order buyers last spring......to jopeful R&D investors by mid- summer....to worrisome bowhunters wondering if they would get their Crossover stands by season opener. Well that didn't happen and a bunch decided to request a refund, but some still hung in there and eventually the first pre-order group got their stands. Reviews were mixed but generally favorable.....what are you going to say when you fronted $1k and waited most of a calendar year? i've heard several guys who are leaving the uppers at home and using only the base with a tether and saddle. That is great.....if you don't mind $500 laying in your garage. When I voiced my opinon that this whole gig sounded fishy, a fellow called me a 'glass half empty' kind of guy. I challenged that and said at least my wallet isn't half empy waiting for a stand that many others ordered sight unseen and were secretly hoping was actually going to be produced in 2023. NOT impressed.......

And yet you have Latitude sticks, which missed their release date and makeup delivery schedule on multiple occasions.

Back