• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

Oh boy… sure looks like it moved but I don’t feel any movement.

View attachment 100651
That’s unfortunate. Seems like it should have had a reinforcement inside the tube near the rivet. I’ll have to see if I can find a thin adhesive or potting compound to reinforce between tube and casting before next season(course then I worry about it cracking the cast steps in freeze/warming). I’ve always been curious about this style step because even though I’ve never fallen on a stick, this style seems safer - both preventing falls(feet are captive) and not as sharp if it caught me in the groin/ribs/head. But if I have to worry about it coming apart and a sharp tube edge hitting me then that’s worse.

Oh boy… sure looks like it moved but I don’t feel any movement.

View attachment 100651
Think it could be settling into the slope of the hole that the bolt runs through? Ik it doesn’t look good on paper. At first I was like yea pass but honestly if it’s just the slope of the bolt it wouldn’t bother me. Thoughts?

Think it could be settling into the slope of the hole that the bolt runs through? Ik it doesn’t look good on paper. At first I was like yea pass but honestly if it’s just the slope of the bolt it wouldn’t bother me. Thoughts?

It's a pinned joint. It probably moved whatever the amount of tolerance in the tube hole. Only concern would be what the moment effect of repeated downward pressure has on the aluminum tube and joint over time.

Had one step of one Gen 3 One stick of one set of my sticks get a little play. Which I'm pretty sure was the one in the stack which was my top stick used for setting the stand and saw the most work.

Beast camera arm.
BEAST GEAR CAMERA ARM – Hunting Beast Gear

Beast camera arm.
BEAST GEAR CAMERA ARM – Hunting Beast Gear
2lb just for the arm, sure hope I never get the bug to film my hunts

Back