• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast stand or LWCG? Opinions please!

What all do you have that weighs 14.8 lbs?
My .75 ready to hunt is 9lbs. With 3 lbs of sticks should be about 12 lbs.
The TX5 system definitely adds some weight. I also have a Kifaru Claymore bag attached to the underside of my seat, but that is currently empty. To be honest, I’m not quite sure why it is coming in at the weight that it is, but I just checked it this morning, and I’m fairly certain that my scale is accurate.

My .75 ready to hunt with the LWCG back pack straps, waist belt and buckle strap weighs 9lbs 4oz.
The TX5 system is listed at 1lb. Should be closer to my weight, or am I missing something?
Asking because I am considering going with the TX5 system.
I honestly would not hesitate to go with the TX5 system over the Lonewolf straps and waist belt. It is ridiculous how much nicer the system rides with the TX5. The extra weight is well worth the tradeoff, in my estimation.

My .75 ready to hunt with the LWCG back pack straps, waist belt and buckle strap weighs 9lbs 4oz.
The TX5 system is listed at 1lb. Should be closer to my weight, or am I missing something?
I think he's including the weight of 3x One sticks. Are you?

I think he's including the weight of 3x One sticks. Are you?
What I am asking is he is 14.8 - 3 for sticks = 11.8lbs for a stand, suspension system. He does have a small bag under seat. But he weighs 2.5lbs more. Is it the TX5 suspension?

I found the TX5 system and got it for my Novix Helo. The comfort of it made the price and weight worth it.

We have discussed this many times on this forum. Once you go to a platform, a few steps for a ros, tiny platform you have to move around the tree for a 3 o'clock shot, decent frame pack, knee pads, back band.
You are at the same weight as my .75 and wolf pack.
If you can hunt off a ROS or a Bud Lite can you can save weight. Not my thing.
My saddle setup is heavier than my .75 w/3, 14" doubles lol

Zero snacks.
-Bag
-Rope
-Backup Rope
-Bottle of water
-Onestick or platform
-Saddle
-Multiscender
-Backup descender
-Deer drag

Still only 17lbs and carried all within the bag. Can self rescue too, even if something happened to my primary rope or multiscender

Zero snacks.
-Bag
-Rope
-Backup Rope
-Bottle of water
-Onestick or platform
-Saddle
-Multiscender
-Backup descender
-Deer drag

Still only 17lbs and carried all within the bag. Can self rescue too, even if something happened to my primary rope or multiscender

What is the total weight with the hang-on, sticks, and everything else you carry with it?

What is the total weight with the hang-on, sticks, and everything else you carry with it?
My .75 , with 3, 14" doubles with aiders, is 15lbs with an underseat bag. In the bag is the straps for the sticks and a small deer drag

Just saw the post about that today on Facebook. Looks like the combo the “hybrid” guys have been waiting on
Have to admit I am just a little bit tempted. The hunting I almost always end up doing is the rush to get out there right after work or because it’s taking forever to actually leave the house for whatever reason and to have a smaller platform thing I can grab and throw up on the tree quick, is 1 piece, and will also actually let me sit down for real is something I’ve been waiting for.

If they run their $500 gift card for $400 deal again this year, that might be enough to get me to take the plunge.

Have to admit I am just a little bit tempted. The hunting I almost always end up doing is the rush to get out there right after work or because it’s taking forever to actually leave the house for whatever reason and to have a smaller platform thing I can grab and throw up on the tree quick, is 1 piece, and will also actually let me sit down for real is something I’ve been waiting for.

If they run their $500 gift card for $400 deal again this year, that might be enough to get me to take the plunge.
I couldn't resist and ordered one. I feel like this will head to the woods with me more often than not. I like the idea of being able to use it even as just a small treestand tucked away in some thick areas only a stick or 2 off the ground.

I couldn't resist and ordered one. I feel like this will head to the woods with me more often than not. I like the idea of being able to use it even as just a small treestand tucked away in some thick areas only a stick or 2 off the ground.
Those are exactly my thoughts too. Let us know what you think of it when you get it. Looks like there’s a bit of wait still.

Back