• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

budget

1. M

Rappelling Rope

What kind of rope does everyone use for single stick climbing and rappelling? Has anyone purchased any from Amazon before?
  2. Hunter260

Saddle hunt with your tree stand harness

If you already have a harness from your tree stand days, you can get started saddle hunting for about $5. I think this is about as safe and comfortable as you can get saddle hunting, but let me know what you all think.
  3. MettBriler

Harbor Freight has amsteel

I was cruising through Harbor Freight and found this in the winch section. https://www.harborfreight.com/ATVUTV-Synthetic-Rope-Fairlead-Kit-63139.html Working load 3000lbs Tensile strength 4700lbs 50ft long and 3/16" diameter 12 strand It seems to be very close to amsteel blue 3/16 Ended up...
  4. rabidd099

DIY Poorman's Range Finder and Wind Checker

Used a protractor with a plum bob. Sight down the base of the protractor to a landmark in my lane, see what angle the plum bob reads, use that angle with my estimated height off the to get the distance from the cheat sheet taped to it (using Pythagorean theorem, I calculated the angles for every...
Back