• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2TC w/ CT quick roll?

SNIPERBBB

Anyone else use a basically use their SRT gear for 2TC? The hand ascender gives you something easier to grab when you stand on the foot loop and helps give a bit more slack moving the top tether up.

Never have (don't own an ascender) but I can't see why it would not work. That's the great thing about 2TC. There are a lot of ways to tweak it and make it your own. Are you rappelling down or 2TCing back down?

I use the double duck technique. Kong duck on foot tether, sticht hitch on my main tether and have another duck clipped to my saddle to add to the foot tether for passing limbs. I do notice that I tend to grab my carabiner to pull up from sitting to standing but could also grab the rope. I'm more worried if I slip while holding the rope, I'll end up pulling on my hitch and going for a ride.

Never have (don't own an ascender) but I can't see why it would not work. That's the great thing about 2TC. There are a lot of ways to tweak it and make it your own. Are you rappelling down or 2TCing back down?
I rappel down. When I cant get a throwball into a tree or just cold rolling, ill 2TC up then set the tree up so I can get a paracord loop for SRT'ing the next time I hunt the tree. Using the halfline system. and the CGM foot tether.

Only reason I hunted the tree I did tonight was I had to rescue my throwball...was trying to setup a few trees last week and the throwball cinched itself on a 1/4" branch..

@Red Beard and I were talking about this today. There are a few guys using a double foot stirrup and an acender of somekind to SRT against the tree. Cant really call it 2TC and both foot stirrup are connected to the primary rope.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Wait what? why would you need to SRT against the tree? I can see 2TC being similar to SRT, as in you treat the primary rope as the tree. Actually I think SRT and 2TC share the exact same principle/methodology.

I was headed down the foot stirrup path and put it down. I'm imaginative, but not very crafty.

It would make sense to me as an awesome method, if only I could move the foot stirrup up the tree totally hands-free. Then it essentially mimics a climber bottom and you use a progress capture on top similar to SRT. Kinda like SRT and a climber make a sweet lovechild. In my mind it would be smooth as butter if I could just get the right material to make a stiff cable work for the bottom. Again though I just played with a tiny bit as a proof of concept.

Back