• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

72 year old .35

Ckwilli

SH Member
Out today with my 72 year old .35 Remington 141. It’s almost too nice to haul to the woods but I’m a bit nostalgic from time to time.
00f7815b12002935e0ebf45b54df2cb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grandfather had a similar rifle. Beautiful weapon

Nice! I love seeing guys hunt with classic weapons. I hunt with a Winchester model 70 in 30-06 from the late 30s. My grandpa bought it for me. Sometimes, I also wonder if I should be taking it into the woods...but then I think "what else would I do with it?" Plus, they don't make firearms like they used to these days!

I’ve got several of my granddad’s old firearms I like to hunt with. This one wasn’t his but one I picked up a few years back. There’s something about hunting with an old rifle that makes me feel good.

I have my great uncle's slide action 141 in .35 Remington sitting in my safe currently, its got some major pitting on the barrel unfortunately so I'm not sure if it's safe to shoot at the moment.

Out today with my 72 year old .35 Remington 141. It’s almost too nice to haul to the woods but I’m a bit nostalgic from time to time.

My fil had one of those and used to be super deadly on running deer. Had a peep on his. Lost it in a fire with about 40 or so other guns that I would have owned now if it wasn't for the fire. Oh well, nobody was home at the time except they lost the family dog but at least my in laws were safe.

I have my great uncle's slide action 141 in .35 Remington sitting in my safe currently, its got some major pitting on the barrel unfortunately so I'm not sure if it's safe to shoot at the moment.
There's a place by me, in Sparta MI, that's a gunsmith that offers a visual safety check for $20. ( they're gun people, they'd probably do some talking for free) I took my grandfather's SxS in for cleanup/ check out for like $150 last spring. I don't know any ones financial situation nor to imply anything but it would be cool to find out. It'd be real cool if you could put it to use!!

There's a place by me, in Sparta MI, that's a gunsmith that offers a visual safety check for $20. ( they're gun people, they'd probably do some talking for free) I took my grandfather's SxS in for cleanup/ check out for like $150 last spring. I don't know any ones financial situation nor to imply anything but it would be cool to find out. It'd be real cool if you could put it to use!!
I thought about doing just that but it always winds up on the back burner for one reason or another. I've thoroughly cleaned it several times myelf

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That's a dandy for sure! I had the hots for one some years ago but prices and conditions were all over the map. My ex-FIL has one in 30 Remington, never got a chance to hunt with it though.

Awesome rifle man. I would love to have an old pump rifle. I take my grandpas shotgun hunting all the time. Doesn't do any good sitting in the safe collecting dust. It's not the best shotgun, Ted Williams model 200 I believe, just a cheap sears special. But it always feels great to take a grouse or rabbit with it.

I have one of those in a 32 rem. Can't get shells anymore. Wish it was a 35.
I have a 30-30 I haven't been able to get shells for for 2years now. Fortunately, my late father-in-law has a stash I been using. The 150gr you can get before season for sure, but my experience with anything under 170gr (I know 20gr difference right) they get a good run in before crashing.

Last edited:
I have a 30-30 I haven't been able to get shells for for 2years now. Fortunately, my late father-in-law has a stash I been using. The 150gr you can get before season for sure, but my experience with anything under 170gr (I know 20gr difference right) they get a good run in before crashing.
I want a dirty 30 so bad. It will be my next gun purchase. My father in law had a pre 64 model 94. I wanted to get it from him but he gave it to his hippy son that doesn't hunt. I will continue to make my brother in law offers on it, one day he will eventually bite.

Back