• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A little show and tell

Sziggy2.0

I wanted to post some pics of some of the projects I have done over the winter. I have been inspired for a while by guys like JCLINE84, always89y, sojourner, gcr0003, jhunter13 and a bunch of other guys that are posting your projects. I have gotten the mercury 337 and the 15-91 using 138 thread and really like how they are working. The mercury has a servo motor and it is my favorite because of the control and power. Critiques, comments and questions are welcome.
Screenshot_20220327-203718_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220327-203711_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220327-203632_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220327-203640_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220327-203624_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220327-203658_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220327-204118_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220327-204105_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220327-205543_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220327-205543_Gallery.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 116
I wanted to post some pics of some of the projects I have done over the winter. I have been inspired for a while by guys like JCLINE84, always89y, sojourner, gcr0003, jhunter13 and a bunch of other guys that are posting your projects. I have gotten the mercury 337 and the 15-91 using 138 thread and really like how they are working. The mercury has a servo motor and it is my favorite because of the control and power. Critiques, comments and questions are welcome.
View attachment 63834View attachment 63835View attachment 63836View attachment 63837View attachment 63838View attachment 63839
View attachment 63840View attachment 63841
Amazing work! Thanks for sharing! I have two sewing machines setting unused I need to get back to. I might have to hit you up for those gaiters!

They all look great! You sure have had a busy winter. And I second on the gaiters, they look awesome. Saddles look good too, but I think seeing something other than a saddle is cool!

View attachment 63834View attachment 63835View attachment 63836View attachment 63837View attachment 63838View attachment 63839
View attachment 63840View attachment 63841

looks good, but i would definitely double the webbing back in that slider....basically take the webbing tag end over the top and under the piece of top metal furthest from it

old school climbing harness use a triglide and they are not safe without being doubled back

@Weldabeast posted a good video showing this, maybe he can link it here

looks good, but i would definitely double the webbing back in that slider....basically take the webbing tag end over the top and under the piece of top metal furthest from it

old school climbing harness use a triglide and they are not safe without being doubled back

@Weldabeast posted a good video showing this, maybe he can link it here
Oh yes I agree you have to double it back just hadn't done that yet. I haven't even had a chance to test the the last two saddles yet. I hunted out of the method clone last year but haven't had a chance to sit in the others. Once I fine tune the bridge at ground level I will put them back through. Thanks for reminding me.

Nice work. True bowhunter, he has his Mossy Oak Saddle hanging in front of his paper tuning rig!!!

@Sziggy2.0 I just found this thread, awesome looking work! Do you happen to have the pattern for those gaiters you made? Or more pictures? I'm in the process of trying to make my own but not sure where to start.

@Sziggy2.0 I just found this thread, awesome looking work! Do you happen to have the pattern for those gaiters you made? Or more pictures? I'm in the process of trying to make my own but not sure where to start.
I will have to see if I still have the pattern. I do remember that my first attempt was way over complicated. The pattern is pretty simple.

I will have to see if I still have the pattern. I do remember that my first attempt was way over complicated. The pattern is pretty simple.
Thank you! I can’t bring myself to pay so much for gaiters when I have a nice sewing machine and a lot of cordura laying around

Webbing with the yellow dots on them, where did you source it from?
Ty

Great work too

Webbing with the yellow dots on them, where did you source it from?
Ty

Great work too
I could be wrong but it looks like Type 7 Nylon webbing to me. Pretty popular with harness builds and believe it has around 6000lb breaking strength

Back