• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A real bad day

trailblazer75

Started well. Great wind. Great spot. Seeing deer and turkeys. I drew on a turkey and then decided to let down because it was a weird angle and I noticed my string was touching my bridge. I go to let down and like a dummy, don’t take my thumb off the stud on my release...POW. Punched myself right in the face. I happened to see where the arrow went so I kept hunting. Of course the birds spooked. I hunted til around noon and got down. Grabbed my arrow and hiked out.

This is where things go real bad.

I set my bow down near my passenger front tire, put my hunting clothes and gear back in my tote and promptly drove away. Leaving my bow where I parked. This is around noon. I realize it at 4:30 and go look. It’s gone of course. I contacted the agent who works the area in hopes it would be turned in to add insult to injury, I just sold my backup bow to a friend who really wanted one. So I’m up a creek. Luckily I live in Springfield Missouri so I went to the outlet center a bass pro shops and bought a cheapie in the meantime but my heart is broken because I loved that bow. Complacency kills more than just your person, I guess. Lesson learned..again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that sucks! I've seen it happen as well. I won't put anything on the ground, with that said, I've drove off with the tailgate still down and my tote still open and spread clothes all over the place before.

Couldn't help reading your post and thought for sure you were going to run over your bow!

Everyone does some form of this at some point. Hopefully someone will turn it in and be a good human being.

I did this one time when I took my wife’s Ford expedition hunting. Was running late and on the phone packed everything in the rear got in and took off. Still on phone. Was a nice day and I had the windows down and made it 5-10 miles down the road before I realized the hatch was still up. Went up some steep hills don’t know how I didn’t loose all my stuff.

Wasn't a bow but I "gifted" someone a brand new pair of Scentlok bibs and new boots one year under almost the exact same circumstances. I just forgot the "throw them in the truck" step. It sucks but it happens to all of us.

Dude that sucks! Now I’m going to be paranoid that I’m going to do the same! I’m going to have to put a GPS tracker on my bow! Lol

Curious what bow did you pick up?

Dude that sucks! Now I’m going to be paranoid that I’m going to do the same! I’m going to have to put a GPS tracker on my bow! Lol

Curious what bow did you pick up?

It’s a diamond intrigue. Shoots a whopping 313 FPS.

It’s really not bad. I had a nice site laying around and that helped. The sight costs more than the bow though. Kinda funny.

Damn that sucks! I've seen it happen as well. I won't put anything on the ground, with that said, I've drove off with the tailgate still down and my tote still open and spread clothes all over the place before.

Couldn't help reading your post and thought for sure you were going to run over your bow!
Me too on the latter!!

That really sucks man! What kind of bow was it?

It was a bowtech insanity. With a Montana black gold ascent verdict single pin on a dovetail bar. Easton bloodline 330s with lumenoks. Limb quiver. Weird stabilizer bar that I made from two different stabilizers but looks like a trophy line. Red and black strings. Rip cord red drop away. It’s left handed.

It was a bowtech insanity. With a Montana black gold ascent verdict single pin on a dovetail bar. Easton bloodline 330s with lumenoks. Limb quiver. Weird stabilizer bar that I made from two different stabilizers but looks like a trophy line. Red and black strings. Rip cord red drop away. It’s left handed.

Dude that SUCKS!!!!!

We've all done a bonehead move for sure. I know it doesnt make you feel any better but you are not alone. I came out of the stand one night put my bow on the cab of the truck while i took my outer shell off and in the tote, changed shoes, etc. Crank up and start down the hill. Had not seen a deer all evening but all of a sudden a doe runs right out in front of me and i hit the brakes only to see my bow slide off the cab right in front of me, hit the the hood and over the front of my truck.....No major damage except a very sore ego.....

Ugh man that blows. Looks like a nice bow with some nice furniture on it.

There are some pretty big local Facebook hunting pages. So if whoever has it is honest, hopefully it’ll show up. And I’ve made enough noise in describing it on there and having the post shared that if someone does attempt to sell it, someone will recognize it and let me know.

Keep an eye out on ebay and craigs list. Not many people are lefty so once the person who took it realizes they can't use it they'll probably try to sell it. Hopefully said person isn't lefty also. Edit: Pretty specific components also, keep an eye out for those individually as well.

Last edited:
Keep an eye out on ebay and craigs list. Not many people are lefty so once the person who took it realizes they can't use it they'll probably try to sell it. Hopefully said person isn't lefty also.

That’s what I’m thinking too.

This hurts me right in the feels. Sorry brother!

Yeah it sucks. But I won’t be able to hunt for a week due to work. So I’ll have time in the evenings to shoot some and get comfortable with this new bow. This really is a first world problem.

I set the antlers to one of my better bucks on the tailgate of my truck and drove off for the taxidermist. 3 miles down the road I realized I forgot to shut the tailgate and I pulled over expecting the worst. The rack was teetering on the edge. I was very lucky the antlers didnt hit the pavement at 55mph.
I know a guy who ran over his $1,500 Swarovsky binocs. He called the factory and tried to claim the horrific damage was caused by dropping them from 20 feet. They didnt buy it.
Another guy set his vintage,recurve on the roof of his truck. It was a family heirloom that he plant to take afield...he drove away and it hit the road and was ruined.
It happens to all of us.

Sorry to hear. I always look at the spot where I parked when I back up. It's amazing how many things I see there. Some times I have to get out and have a look around just to be sure.

Back