• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aider step newbie question

wihunter50

I will have my first saddle hunt this year and have been practicing my climbing method. Currently I am using 3 OOAL 17" shikar sticks with a DIY amsteel continuous loop aider step. I am able to get about 13 feet off the ground with my current equipment, but am considering a 15" 3 step aider that OOAL sells (https://outonalimbmfg.com/three-step-aider/) for the bottom climbing stick to get me closer to 15-16 ft comfortably. Any thoughts on 3 step aiders or other suggestions? Thanks.

The shikars are great with aiders, going up. Most folks don't mind going up with multiple step aiders, but going down can be what turns people off of it. Just make sure you practice in the dark too.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Back