• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

All day sit what I pack

Tree hunter

SH Member
We have been over this but I’m slow and looking for ideas.
Very important : usually 2 to 3 bottles of water, three PBJ sandwiches, couple packs of cheese and peanut butter crackers ,pack of red man , back up release , pocket knife,part of a roll of TP.
So there are the must haves to keep me in the saddle all day .
Anybody share their list ?

Not sure if you like to read, but a book or e-reader might be good during slow hours.
I read a lot but the last two nights, deer have slipped in on me in just the time it took to answer a text, so I can't take a book. It would surely get me caught....

I wear hearing aids and they are Bluetooth to my phone.
Thinking about audio book . Of course I have to put an extended battery on my phone.

If I'm planning an all-day sit something like a bottle of water and a granola bar. If the all-day sit develops naturally out of a morning sit, then nothing. More than half of the all-day sits develop naturally.

Last edited:
If I'm planning an all-day sit something like a bottle of water and a granola bar. If the all-day sit develops naturally out of a morning sit, then nothing. More than half of the all-day sits develop naturally.
Agreed, most of my all days don't start out as all days. When I plan on an all day hunt, I am packing in the mainframe with water, food, and snacks. Everything else in my pack is exactly the same as any other hunt.

Very important : usually 2 to 3 bottles of water, three PBJ sandwiches, couple packs of cheese and peanut butter crackers ,pack of red man , back up release , pocket knife,part of a roll of TP.
A catheter for all the peeing you must do?

You need a back bag of Redman…it’s no fun seeing one lying at the bottom of a tree, when you have a craving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only difference for me between any other day is food. Lots of food!!! Yogurt and berries for breakfast with a banana, peanut butter, and Nutella sandwich. Cold cuts sandwich’s for lunch and dinner, or soup/stew.

I have an addiction to cough drops so I might pack a whole bag for a day hunt to keep myself alert. I blame the Army. During basic training we were not allowed sweets. Only things we were allowed to buy at the PX that was close was cough drops. So now I eat them like candies......

only thing i take different than a few hour hunt is just food and drink.

but i hate all day sits. i hunt morning till i give up, get down and scout/eat/pee/nap and then climb again for afternoon.

during rut i'll sleep in and hunt 10am till i give up or kill.

All of that is for a single day?

Maybe try a butthole sammich in place of the sack full of PBJ's. If you dont know what a butthole sammich is, it is a bagel with a packet of justin peanut butter and 3-6 slices of pre-cooked bacon. I like the Dave's killer cinnamon/raison bagels for making them. I dont take them to the tree though for deer hunting, they are what I carry for lunch elk hunting. For deer, I might carry a couple cliff bars for food for an all day hunt. Hunt hungry and you will hunt hard.

Maybe try a butthole sammich in place of the sack full of PBJ's. If you dont know what a butthole sammich is, it is a bagel with a packet of justin peanut butter and 3-6 slices of pre-cooked bacon. I like the Dave's killer cinnamon/raison bagels for making them. I dont take them to the tree though for deer hunting, they are what I carry for lunch elk hunting. For deer, I might carry a couple cliff bars for food for an all day hunt. Hunt hungry and you will hunt hard.

Yall couldnt just call it a bagel sammich?? lol

Later in the season I’ll bring a thermos of oatmeal with dried fruit plus my usual a couple clif/larabars, an apple and a thermos of mint tea because with 4 young kids I’m usually fighting at least 7 germ strains at any moment through deer season. I like being a little hungry in the tree, helps my focus.

Yep.
Got some good ideas.
If it’s a slow day but I know it’s a good spot then I increase my luck by putting in a fresh chew
They ain’t cancelling me.

I will never, ever google the history of this recipe.

I do a PB&J sannie or 3, an apple or 2, a Powerade or 2 in addition to my Camelbak, my travel mug with coffee, jerky or snack sticks, wet wipes, a book, a copy of the regs, and some other odds and ends. When it gets cold I'll swap a vacuum bottle of hot tea or broth for 1 of the Powerade bottles. Always at least 1 Powerade as the empty bottles are not without uses...

Back