• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

AM I THE ONLY SADDLE HUNTER

harold wright

AM I THE ONLY SADDLE HUNTER THAT HAS NOT HAD TO MODIFY THEIR KESTREL BRIDGE LENGHT, CHANGE KNOTS OR HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE BUCKLES. MY 16 PACK OF WILDEDGE WORKS GREAT. JUST GOT MY PERCH LAST WEEK, PUT IT ON 4 TREES SO FAR, WORKS GREAT. I HAVE A TENZING 4000 PACK I CARRY EVERYTHING IN, WORKS GREAT.

I have the JX3 hybrid but I did have a couple of saddles in the past. I never modify anything. I leave ie everything as designed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s fantastic! You must be the same size as Boswell! Otherwise saddles are very individualistic in nature. For instance I have been hunting out of my kestrel for 2 years, changes everything I know of and still find the sitdrag more comfortable! Lol

Dude. Almost everyone modifies their bridge length. One thing I learned is no two people do things the same way. Each have their own system and their own way of doing things. Last year I used predator rope, 9 mm static rope, 8 mm accessory cord, 1/4” amsteel, tubular webbing and sterling oplux all as my bridge.

Oh. And my system is the best system. :).

The only thing I did to my Kestrel was shorten the bridge significantly. Everything else is great, but I had to tether in way too high with the stock bridge for my liking.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dude. Almost everyone modifies their bridge length. One thing I learned is no two people do things the same way. Each have their own system and their own way of doing things. Last year I used predator rope, 9 mm static rope, 8 mm accessory cord, 1/4” amsteel, tubular webbing and sterling oplux all as my bridge.

Oh. And my system is the best system. :).
Which of these bridges do you prefer?
I have some Sterling oplux rope I may try.

Which of these bridges do you prefer?
I have some Sterling oplux rope I may try.

I like tubular webbing sewn on one side with a carabiner in the other equal to the oplux. If I didn’t have an aunt who can sew the webbing and I was forced to tie a knot then the oplux would get the nod.

I have come to the conclusion your bridge should be as short as you can get to the point you find a tolerable hip pinch you are comfortable living with. Sure a long bridge makes things super comfortable hangin there but it also hinders your ability to move around the tree for shots.

Also... DUDE!!! what’s the deal with the all caps??????....:mad::mad::mad:

Back