• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amazon Arrows

Micneador

SH Member
With the backyard arrow/fletching thread it got me thinking of getting a set of light limbs and some arrows. At $50-$80/doz some of the amazon arrows look to be a decent option for backyard. Anybody used them? Have some that you believe are of decent quality?

This would be a good excuse to replenish the arrows for my wife's longbow since I mayyy have commandeered hers for a rabbit hunt a few weeks back. :grimacing:

I have never bought them. I would see what others that have bought them say in their reviews. It would be bad news to have an arrow splinter or shatter as you release it. I have been shooting Black Eagle arrows for a few years now and find them to be reasonably priced, durable and accurate. They are somewhat less expensive than other brands.

With the backyard arrow/fletching thread it got me thinking of getting a set of light limbs and some arrows. At $50-$80/doz some of the amazon arrows look to be a decent option for backyard. Anybody used them? Have some that you believe are of decent quality?

This would be a good excuse to replenish the arrows for my wife's longbow since I mayyy have commandeered hers for a rabbit hunt a few weeks back. :grimacing:

Are you looking for complete arrow or just the shaft?

The ones I've looked at so far are 600 and 700 spine full length shafts with 4" feathers. standard aluminum insert.

bare shaft or complete. it really doesn't matter to me.

You can regularly find GT Traditional blems on eBay for $60/dozen.

I bought some of the Amazon $30/dozen arrows one time for my kid. The arrow itself weighed 500+ grains, they varied by up to 30 gr an arrow and the spine was all over the place.

I wouldn’t when you can get GT Warriors or Trad Blems for $40-60 per dozen.

Personally I'd be leery of no-name arrows unless I had a spine tester and even then, I'd have better piece of mind with Eastons.

That said they seem like an excellent choice for "consumable" arrows like stumpers or bunny busters.

I have never bought them. I would see what others that have bought them say in their reviews. It would be bad news to have an arrow splinter or shatter as you release it. I have been shooting Black Eagle arrows for a few years now and find them to be reasonably priced, durable and accurate. They are somewhat less expensive than other brands.
Been looking at these, you use vintage or instinct line? Trying to decide between regular and micro diameter

Back