• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any member sell Amsteel aiders?

Shakeandbake

Hey is there any members on here that make amsteel climbing stick aiders? Looking for a one step aider, 3/16 or 1/4? Probably need a few of them
Thanks guys

Hey is there any members on here that make amsteel climbing stick aiders? Looking for a one step aider, 3/16 or 1/4? Probably need a few of them
Thanks guys

Not sure if these guys are a member. I assume they probably are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im looking for a no stick climbing aider for platfom climbing myself

I just bought one and I have never used an aider before. I am in my mid 50's and i had no issues. The key is when you use it to make sure you have on your safety harness or saddle. I tried it when i 1st received it so put it on my foot and tried to go up and it is very shaky. Put on my harness and lean back a little and much easier to go up. I like the adjustability. Custom Amisteel Products aider is the way to go for me.

Thanks guys
made my own last year from "junk" 400 lb working line and worked great... I'm making a few this weekend out of 1/4 inch dyneema (amsteel or ATV winch rope) with a workling load of 7000 lbs. my only concern is its so light will i have issues getting my boot thru it, especially in the dark on windy days.... oh and that atv winch rope is 17 dollars on amazon

made my own last year from "junk" 400 lb working line and worked great... I'm making a few this weekend out of 1/4 inch dyneema (amsteel or ATV winch rope) with a workling load of 7000 lbs. my only concern is its so light will i have issues getting my boot thru it, especially in the dark on windy days.... oh and that atv winch rope is 17 dollars on amazon
Shouldnt be a problem. Put the steps parts through a piece of fuel hose for stiffness. If you dont have that laying around you can put it through tubular webbing or wrap paracord around the steps

Shouldnt be a problem. Put the steps parts through a piece of fuel hose for stiffness. If you dont have that laying around you can put it through tubular webbing or wrap paracord around the steps
You can also slide pieces of heavy duty zip ties inside the Amsteel and it will help keep the foot space open.

Fuel line hose might squeak when wet. Something inside amsteel will be best

Fuel line hose might squeak when wet. Something inside amsteel will be best

Never had it squeak...less than boots on aluminum steps and it moves with your foot. I would agree to disagree on ONLY putting something inside being best. It wears down quicker than most materials when your stepping on it a lot. For me it starts to get fuzzy and swollen with dirt.

Back