• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any opinions on these two packs…

bsites9

Dec 8, 2020
I’m looking at either a Huntworth Hickory or a Trophyline CAYS 2.0. Will be used with both sticks/saddle platform and sticks/small lock on. I like the saddle/lock on combo for long sits.

I’ve watched reviews on both, but looking for some real world experience. Thank you!

Bowtie747

SH Member
Aug 3, 2021
Ohio
CAYS pack is a nice. Built pretty well, Trophyline’s customer service seems top notch from what I’ve seen on here. It has ton of cool organization. If you don’t carry in your clothes it’s a great pack. My only downfall with it is it’s too small for what I need. To carry sticks, clothes, bibs and heavy jacket I couldn’t get a good system down. The way it carry’s a platform and sticks is awesome!

207bowhunter

SH Member
Nov 13, 2020
Maine
I had the C.A.Y.S. great pack ,nothing negative to say about it. Trophyline has top notch customer service.

bsites9

Dec 8, 2020
Good to hear. Thanks for the replies. Any guesses at how it would carry a stand like a Lwcg .5?

Praddle

Dec 30, 2020
MN
I have the Huntworth Lodi and love it. $79- holds my EDP on outside, one stick on bottom of pack and plenty of room for carrying in heavy jacket and anything else you need. I don't self film so more than enough storage. Average Jack Archery video on YouTube sold me and don't regret purchase. Can also be used as a sling pack. To me, perfect--especially for that price. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

bsites9

Dec 8, 2020
I have the Huntworth Lodi and love it. $79- holds my EDP on outside, one stick on bottom of pack and plenty of room for carrying in heavy jacket and anything else you need. I don't self film so more than enough storage. Average Jack Archery video on YouTube sold me and don't regret purchase. Can also be used as a sling pack. To me, perfect--especially for that price. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

the only thing I can’t tell about the hickory, is how many internal pockets are there? I like a lot of small pockets to keep things separate and organized. The CAYS has a bunch of these, but I like the external straps better on the hickory (I think anyway, going by videos)

Rickor

Jul 21, 2020
Just ordered the C.A.Y.S. pack. For me it has what I need in a pack for all around use and I like they take care of their Vets.

Reactions: Apex7

bsites9

Dec 8, 2020
It took me a while to notice, but yesterday I realized the CAYS pack doesn't have the "bed roll" straps on the bottom of the pack. That basically eliminated it for me. If it had those, it would have been as close to a perfect pack for me as you could get.

krub6b

SH Member
Sep 5, 2019
Missouri
It took me a while to notice, but yesterday I realized the CAYS pack doesn't have the "bed roll" straps on the bottom of the pack. That basically eliminated it for me. If it had those, it would have been as close to a perfect pack for me as you could get.
could they be added? I haven't held one in my hands but it seems like sewing bed roll straps to the bottom of a pack would be a fairly straightforward mod.