• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any TX5 Minimalist users?

KYHunter

Anyone have experience with this saddle? It looks like something I would love to spend my money on but would like some reviews first.

It's hard to search TX5 and other abbreviations or letters but I'll look around...

I believe the re was one about TX5 saddles in general where the Minimalist was mentioned but I was curious to see some specific responses about it

I have one. What do you want to know?
It seems you have one of everything!
how many hunts do you have on it?
And I envision myself using it but without the leg-straps(I know the risks) so I would be most curious as to the comfort of it on stand as a leaner? Have you used it without the leg straps?
The packability of it also seems to suite my style of hunting. Any issues packing and unpacking it out of its bag?
I currently have a Phantom that does just fine but…. the grass is always greener…

I haven’t used it hunting yet. It came out a few months ago and hunting season ain’t quite here yet. It’s pretty tight in the bag. I wouldn’t use it as a full time saddle. Not it’s intended use. It’s more of a rock climbing harness with an optional saddle seat added.

Following, I’ve been looking into the minimalist as well.

I have not hunted with mine either. I intend to use mine, probably without the leg straps, for early season.
I'll use a back band with it. It's comfortable enough for me that way.
I wear all my saddles in.

Back