• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone need ROS

Slingpredator06

So I know recently yall had a big development project going on strap steps which Ill go ahead and say was pretty cool. You guys really came together and made a legit product. I happen to be one of those guys who likes to design my own stuff rather than buy it off the shelf so it suits my needs and those of friends who need stuff made. So recently I have been working on some strap steps of my own and submitted my 3D model to my machinist and hes making them now. Should have them right after Christmas. Anyway I figured Id throw this out there that if anyone missed out on the last strap step push and happens to like my design I can ask him to quote me for X amount and see if we can get the cost down to a reasonable price. When I get mine Im going to load test them and see what it takes to break one. Just let me know if your interested so I can get an idea of how many to quote. If your interested but want to wait for the load test results that fine too I just need a round about number.

- 6061 Aluminum
- Weight - 3.5 ounces
- Step Length - 3.5 inches
- Step width - .71 inches (23/32)
- Accepts 1 inch strap

Attachments

• strap step 2.PNG
    strap step 2.PNG
    19.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Strap step1.PNG
    Strap step1.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 107
  • strap step 4.PNG
    strap step 4.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 98
  • strap step 3.PNG
    strap step 3.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 92
I like it! If I was you I'd mention them on the "Calling all Ameristep users" thread. Lot of guys are already monitoring that one. I'm already all-in on the ones you mentioned, but I'm sure there are plenty of takers left.

It would be nice to see a step with a little angle on it or one that can pivot, since that is normally how you place your foot on it when hanging...

What does the opening of slot measure? Would be nice if its open enough to fit the thickness of a versa strap. Ameristep slots are 1/8" and a versa strap out of the box (before beak-in) needs 5/32" to fit thru. A lot of guys like one or 2 steps on their Predator rig. Just thought you might want to think about how THICK of a strap (not just the width) your step will accommodate.

What does the opening of slot measure? Would be nice if its open enough to fit the thickness of a versa strap. Ameristep slots are 1/8" and a versa strap out of the box (before beak-in) needs 5/32" to fit thru. A lot of guys like one or 2 steps on their Predator rig. Just thought you might want to think about how THICK of a strap (not just the width) your step will accommodate.

That would be a great idea. The current opening is 1/8" wide. It would be too easy for me to change that opening to accommodate a versa strap if that's what someone needs. It would take me 2 seconds to change it

OK just talked to the machine shop and its looking like 35 bucks per step if I can get enough people to fill a quote of 200 steps. I can change openings for straps or minor things for people to suit their needs if need be. Let me know

Back