• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Backpack securing one stick and bow

one-eyed-jack

I'm looking for suggestions for attaching a single stick and bow to a backpack. Interested in type of pack and method of attachment. Thank you!

You are standing upon the edge of an infinite rabbit hole. Be warned.

Most generic: bungee cord.

But you didn't say what kind of backpack (the rabbit hole), if it has pals/molle loops, a frame, zippers or pockets you want to access even with the stick or bow on it, etc. Each of those introduce their own twist, and best answers could switch from bungee cord to nite-ize gear ties to 3d-printed hook buttons, etc. In a few hours, you'll be looking at western-hunt 60,000 cubic inch compressible pockets with custom suspension on a custom NASA frame proven in battle since 1972, that cost a mortgage payment.

Prolly just stick with bungee cord, man.

It really depends on what pack you are using. Many (most) packs don't carry a stick and bow well without the two scraping and/or banging into each other. I usually strap my bow to my pack and rig my aider into a makeshift sling so I can carry my stick over my shoulder.

As an additional note, if you hunt thick cover and have never carried your bow on your pack, be prepared to have your progress through the woods impeded by your bow getting hung up on every possible stick, branch and thorn possible. I shred bowstrings/cables to the point they need to be replaced every season.

I'm looking for suggestions for attaching a single stick and bow to a backpack. Interested in type of pack and method of attachment. Thank you!
You are literally asking the meaning of life in regards to hunting pack. We are all searching for the one pack that can carry bow/gun and sticks/platform. Eberlestock has a sleeves that goes between your frame and pack. If you decide to 1 stick. Some packs has molle on the side that you can attach to.

There was a good thread about this a week ago.
I'll try to find it for the OP.

Anyone here - feel free to beat me to it...

I found it.

Back