• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast stand - part2

Gator

SH Member
With the beast’s very narrow width has anyone had any issues with comfort just sitting from having to keep your legs narrow. I have randomly measured the distance of my feet over the past couple of days and each time I measured my feet would be hanging off the edge of the stand width wise. I’m not worried about the narrowness when standing to shoot but I am worried about comfort while sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard novix is coming out with a mini Assault 2 July 1. I may go that way I still think the Assault 2 is the best for me. If they made a Assault 2 with water jet the same size it would have been perfect IMO!!!

I find the size to be perfect for comfort. Then again, I felt the same about my .5 when I first got it and wanted to sell it immediately after the first hunt I had with it. I won't know for sure how the stand is until I get it into the field extensively this fall

When Dan made the full size beast sticks he made them to fit him. The stand is the same way!! The full size sticks don't work for me because I'm 5.4 and the extra platform is for bigger people.

I have an Assault 2 so maybe I just need to add a more comfortable seat to it. If I was 5’4” I would think the 0.5 would be a good stand but I’m 6’2”

The only thing I didn't like about the .5 was the V on the base and the sharp edges.

I don’t mind the width but I don’t mind my feet hanging off the assault a little either when seated.

I actually wish it was shorter and stouter. I don’t like how they thinned out the rungs on the end of the stand. They are damn near 1/16” thick. There is a substantial amount of flex. The most I have ever felt in a treestand. Significantly more than my 1.0. I feel safer in my 1.0 than I do the beast.

I also find camming it on some thick bark trees challenging. On smooth bark trees I step in and it slides down an inch till the bracket sinks in.

Overall I think they gave up to much strength for weight savings. I would rather have it a pound heavier and flex 1/2” the amount.

If you’re short, your feet will have to be inside the cables, makes functional width more like 14” when you account for boots. But you also don’t need as wide of a stance to give the boys room to breathe.

for a taller fellow, your feet can splay out and over end of stand. The problem with the .5 for me would be 70% of my boot not being on the platform with my Knees bent 90*. With this platform size just an inch or two hang off. I have plenty of width to sit as comfortably as it is possible to be in a hang on. I still think it could be 1-2” narrower.

I have an Assault 2 so maybe I just need to add a more comfortable seat to it. If I was 5’4” I would think the 0.5 would be a good stand but I’m 6’2”

I think this sums it up for the general crowd. Being 5”5 nothing better than the .5. If I was taller assault or 1.0 would be more likely what I would want. If novix makes a mini assault to rival the .5 lwcg that will be something to see

I think this sums it up for the general crowd. Being 5”5 nothing better than the .5. If I was taller assault or 1.0 would be more likely what I would want. If novix makes a mini assault to rival the .5 lwcg that will be something to see

Keep an eye out… they won’t be able to touch the weight being cast but it will be the lightest cast stand made…

Beast stand width and seat height were perfect for me, I’m 6’0 185# for reference. Only noticed flexing of the stand if I jumped or bounced on the edge of the stand. Flex wasn’t very noticeable to me when I was just moving around normally.

Camming on trees felt similar to my OG Assault. Hoping this stand doesn’t kick out like the 8.5# Assault did.

I’ll know more when I hunt out of it. Just my initial impressions so far

Beast stand width and seat height were perfect for me, I’m 6’0 185# for reference. Only noticed flexing of the stand if I jumped or bounced on the edge of the stand. Flex wasn’t very noticeable to me when I was just moving around normally.

Camming on trees felt similar to my OG Assault. Hoping this stand doesn’t kick out like the 8.5# Assault did.

I’ll know more when I hunt out of it. Just my initial impressions so far

I am 6-4 and 240 and the flex is the most I have ever felt of any other stand by a long shot. Feels like I am walking on a tin roof.

I am 6-4 and 240 and the flex is the most I have ever felt of any other stand by a long shot. Feels like I am walking on a tin roof.

The stand is what a 250# weight rating? So being towards that end I could definitely see the flex getting more noticeable.

I trust T6 over Cast platforms, so it wouldn’t concern me too much. This is a new to market product though so anything’s possible.

The stand is what a 250# weight rating? So being towards that end I could definitely see the flex getting more noticeable.

I trust T6 over Cast platforms, so it wouldn’t concern me too much. This is a new to market product though so anything’s possible.

Its rated at 275lb

Claimed to be tested for over a 300lb rating.

Its rated at 275lb

Claimed to be tested for over a 300lb rating.

10-4 I remember Dan saying in interviews it passed 300# tests but he didn’t feel comfortable going to 300# because the platform would be too small for bigger guys?? Believe that was his reasoning, I could be wrong.

We’ll see how the stand holds up over time. I’m hoping this stand is like the Beast sticks in the long run.

I spent a lot of time in the .5 last year and the beast stand is a big upgrade in terms of comfort for me(taller seat,longer platform, more room close to the tree when the seats up). The flex doesn't really bother me, I don't plan on spending much time standing on the edge of the platform to begin with

Back