• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Sticks to use.

Nkilla12

New to saddle hunting and have my saddle on order from tetherd. I need some sticks to go with it. I primarily hunt public land and prefer light weight, but also want something that's easy to pack with the predator platform. Just looking for some insight from the guys with experience. Thanks.

I have Hawk that i have modified. They are awesome sticks.
088da0cc10aa6d0d5b2659e844a22229.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

I have the Lone Wolf sticks, Hawk helium, stacked outdoors, and muddy pro sticks. I like all of them but if I had to pick one it would be the Muddy pro sticks. They are compact and fold up nicely to go in a backpack or a Web.

I’d say beast sticks if you have the money and it’s worth it to you! If not, mod some helium’s!!

I am using Heliums right now, but Dan has an order of beast sticks coming out in a few days if youd like to go that route. Your timing couldn't be better for them. But if that's what you want pay close attention everyday to the site cause they'll go quickly.

I have BEAST sticks and when paired with an Amsteel Daisy Chain or Tethrd Versa, they are hard to beat. Expensive, but the only sticks you'll every need again.

Both the Amsteel or Versa Strap create more sag, but eliminating weight/buckle is well worth it IMO.

If interested, go over to The Hunting BEAST. Another run of sticks should be ready any day now.

My buddy has the beast sticks and I just do not see the thrill in those. I guess different strokes for different folks

Last edited:
I have BEAST sticks and when paired with an Amsteel Daisy Chain or Tethrd Versa, they are hard to beat. Expensive, but the only sticks you'll every need again.

Both the Amsteel or Versa Strap create more sag, but eliminating weight/buckle is well worth it IMO.

If interested, go over to The Hunting BEAST. Another run of sticks should be ready any day now.
Shhhhh! They will go quick enough without more advertisements. Lol

Who are you kidding? You hang around this site long enough you will end up buying and trying them all!

Seriously, they're all great, and they all suck, just for different reasons.
I completely agree. They all have something I'd change. Some are harder to carry but easier to use etc etc!

For the utmost in sticks, you can either pay the money for beast sticks, or buy a set of hawk heliums and modify them.

Either way, you end up with a bulletproof climbing method.

My sticks pre-date hawk buying the rights to the stick design, so they aren’t as light as the official heliums. But cut down to 22”, versa button, and amsteel rope mod, they are a dream.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

My buddy has the best sticks and I just do not see the thrill in those. I guess different strokes for different folks

For me it came to this:

1. I'm a huge Infalt supporter
2a. They are lighter than any other sticks I've found that a) have equivalent stride length and b) have double step (~1.6lbs each w/out the strap/buckle)
2b. The double step is nice IMO for standing/locking in your platform but also helps hold the CAYG aider better than a single step ...again IMO
3. Since I'm using Amsteel Daisy chain, the BEAST sticks bite harder on the tree which is preferable with the slight sag from the daisy chain (whether amsteel or versa strap)
4. I also like the no moving parts and how well they stack together.

I feel the same as you, however, about some of the other products/methods. I'm down to these sticks or my spikes and actually prefer spikes when I can use them because there is no limit to height and they are uber compact. Some guys love multi step aiders but I absolutely am terrified of those ...so I think its all a matter of what works for you. Good news is, it's a great time to be in our sport with the innovation that is taking place. There are products for everyone. And more coming all the time!

What exactly am I modifying on the heliums if I went that route. The Muddy pros are currently looking appealing to me, any reason they shouldn't be? Thanks for all the responses.

Back