• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best thermos or container to keep coffee hot the longest?

Shep482

I was wondering what people use to keep coffee hot and not just lukewarm at least until the afternoon. I'd really like to have a pot's worth of coffee actually hot waiting for me in the truck if possible. I've tried various thermoses and by mid day they seem to be warm but not even close to hot and drinkable. I'm talking about a bigger container I could leave in the truck while out hunting during late season. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank You

7 pages of input.

i must not be using the search option correctly. I searched for coffee and just got posts where it was mentioned. If you want to delete my post that's fine.

I haven't read the other thread but like my rtic bottles a lot. Screw top lid keeps ice for days in summertime.

Yeah the other thread pretty much answered my question and gave me some options. I like RTIC stuff too. I think i will try the Zojurushi bottle next.

Order 1 from here & im sure you can find a few other odds & ends to justify shipping , btw hands down best thermos I’ve ever used, my wife is irritated at all the yeti mugs unused in the cabinet now.

Off topic but the best way to search threads on this site is to do a google search (or your preferred search engine) with a mention of saddle hunting and it will typically get your where you wanna go. (link to this site)

i must not be using the search option correctly. I searched for coffee and just got posts where it was mentioned. If you want to delete my post that's fine.
no worries, I just remembered that thread because it convinced me to buy a Zojirushi 16 oz cup. I've carried it on a couple all day sits this year and still had drinkable coffee well into the afternoon at 30-35F temps.

Zohirushi 16 oz
cac346b538d5804a696e80d15019ab99.jpg

I've used this one for the past 2 seasons. Pour in hot coffee at 4am, still HOT at 4pm...heck, warm the next morning too!
was hunting all day, 1.5 hours before shooting light on stand in 9deg F, snowy weather on 10/24/20 and HOT coffee at 12noon & 4pm sure was nice after being out in the woods daylight2dark.

GSI Outdoors - Microlite 1000 Twist 33 fl.oz. Vacuum Insulated

Nothing beats and old Aladdin Stanley. The ones that were made in Tennessee. Stanley now is cheap, Chinese junk coasting on a reputation. But the old stuff is great.

My opinion on this subject if I can insert it here, is to find an older Stanley Thermos from a thrift store. It took me a little while to find what I was looking for, but I love my 2 dollar old school Stanley. Keeps coffee hot all day long.

Zojirushi, but I would recommend getting the one with stainless steel interior. On Amazon, they come in 16 and 20 ounces and matte black and vivid orange.

I did read that there was some dissatisfaction with the other interior.

Order 1 from here & im sure you can find a few other odds & ends to justify shipping , btw hands down best thermos I’ve ever used, my wife is irritated at all the yeti mugs unused in the cabinet now.
Yep my credit card is very familiar with EWO. lol. I have one of the 20z on my wish list for Christmas so if i don't get one i will be sure to order from him. I have a Zojirushi food jar but maybe I didn't make the soup hot enough before I put it in but it was better than cold but didn't keep hot by lunch. I also want a large container I can pour a whole pot in and have it as a reward back at the truck for me and my hunting buddy.

Yep my credit card is very familiar with EWO. lol. I have one of the 20z on my wish list for Christmas so if i don't get one i will be sure to order from him. I have a Zojirushi food jar but maybe I didn't make the soup hot enough before I put it in but it was better than cold but didn't keep hot by lunch. I also want a large container I can pour a whole pot in and have it as a reward back at the truck for me and my hunting buddy.
I only have one experience with that one thermos.... if I put an ice cube in my black coffee i can keep my tastebuds intact & it’s hot through lunchtime.

Nothing beats and old Aladdin Stanley. The ones that were made in Tennessee. Stanley now is cheap, Chinese junk coasting on a reputation. But the old stuff is great.
Wow Nutt! Gibson... Remington... Stanley... I thought you'd be happier this year with 13 or 14 forest goats under your belt. :tearsofjoy:

Wow Nutt! Gibson... Remington... Stanley... I thought you'd be happier this year with 13 or 14 forest goats under your belt. :tearsofjoy:
I'm happy as a clam. Gots me a Martin, a Mossberg, and my great uncle's ole Alladin Stanley.

I'd jump 8 ft with a 6ft tether tied around my neck if I had a Les Paul, an 870, and a Chinese Stanley. ;)

I'm happy as a clam. Gots me a Martin, a Mossberg, and my great uncle's ole Alladin Stanley.

I'd jump 8 ft with a 6ft tether tied around my neck if I had a Les Paul, an 870, and a Chinese Stanley. ;)

You gotta come up north, where the grits are called cream of wheat and are sprinkled with sugar.

Literally, I live about 4 miles from the Martin guitar factory (Nazareth, PA) and a guy in my hunting group works at Martin. If’n I wasn’t such a banjophile, I would have a D-18 and a D-28 already.

Your all doing it wrong. Get a jetboil and a cup. Take some water and make it fresh out there. Takes a few minutes and fresh hot coffee any time you want it.

Attachments

• E854C149-6AE9-4682-ADA4-F77285A004E8.jpeg
    E854C149-6AE9-4682-ADA4-F77285A004E8.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 11
  • F3A6FBA1-5D9A-41DB-BE17-6242C81F1FEA.jpeg
    F3A6FBA1-5D9A-41DB-BE17-6242C81F1FEA.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2B72F81C-CB9C-4A5D-A30D-CBE57AA1FDD0.jpeg
    2B72F81C-CB9C-4A5D-A30D-CBE57AA1FDD0.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 10
  • 598E0B17-4FAB-4057-92B7-4955DCAE58CB.jpeg
    598E0B17-4FAB-4057-92B7-4955DCAE58CB.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 305BD5C4-1AD4-44EA-A611-BE91D308E481.jpeg
    305BD5C4-1AD4-44EA-A611-BE91D308E481.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 11
Your all doing it wrong. Get a jetboil and a cup. Take some water and make it fresh out there. Takes a few minutes and fresh hot coffee any time you want it.
Lol, I was about to suggest this but I use a Brunton and a Stanley stainless French press! That's only after I've drained my old school Stanley bottle. I may have a coffee problem.

Back