• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow hanger

Mike32

What are you guy's using to hang your bows on, when hunting public land? I'm used to my built-in bow holder in my lone wolf. Now that I'm going to give the saddle a try this year need some help on what to use.

What are you guy's using to hang your bows on, when hunting public land? I'm used to my built-in bow holder in my lone wolf. Now that I'm going to give the saddle a try this year need some help on what to use.

Bow Hanger - ON Your Tree Faster Than Your Old Screw-in - The ONLY Bow Hanger Legal to USE ON All State and Federal Lands - NO More Screw in Hook ! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075VSXX4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2B.CFb0AA7PGC

For whatever reason I keep coming back to this one. I just love this thing. You can kind of cam it down like a lot of tree climbing stuff now a days and it holds even tighter. What I like about it is it holds your weapon away from the tree just enough so it’s not laying on the trunk. Works in any scenario I’ve sat in. Holds the rifle just as good as the bow.

I did change the strap out to a generic aftermarket tree stand strap so I didn’t have to deal with the bulk and noise of the ratchet it comes with. Actually just thought I need to try the OCB I have and see how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nite Ize Cam Jam and your choice of garage hook.

A tie down strap, hero clip, or a large s-biner with the bottom gate removed. Quick up and down. I keep my strap rolled up, and all my biners clipped into the hero clip. Put my strap around the tree, loose ish but tight enough to stay in place. Clip your biners in and tighten down. Hang your stuff.
6525c5a88b4b67b85f19756ca5119fd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I use a strap with a night ize figure 9 carabiner. I just ripped the gate off(after this pic was taken) and heated it up and squeezed the mouth shut a bit
861D69B1-1A52-465A-B940-66BB4E58432D.jpeg

I started using that last year and it works great. I bent the hook out slightly and wrapped the whole thing in camo vet wrap.

This year I”m also trying the #6 S Biner from Nite Ize with the spring removed from one side and the little hook at the end of the curve cut off. I like them both. They’re both about the same weight, and about the same overall size when the AWP hook is folded flat.

I started using that last year and it works great. I bent the hook out slightly and wrapped the whole thing in camo vet wrap.

This year I”m also trying the #6 S Biner from Nite Ize with the spring removed from one side and the little hook at the end of the curve cut off. I like them both. They’re both about the same weight, and about the same overall size when the AWP hook is folded flat.

Just made this but am really likeing it I can tie it to a limb like tonight or tie around the tree whatever my setup calls for!

Attachments

• 1601505540774376052546939006959.jpg
    1601505540774376052546939006959.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 138
I also got what I use on Amazon. Can't remember brand. It's three plastic hooks on a strap. I switched out the strap for a stronger strap with OCB. But I like the hooks. One for now, one for pack, one for whatever else needs hanging!

Ok, now, don't laugh. Just tinkering with a Gorilla Tie while watching TV. They're available lots of places including Amazon. This one is the 39" model. In the attached photo, where my thumb and forefinger are will be threaded through a couple rings on my OCB accessory hanger's strap. The ends will then be bent down to hold in place. Until then it will be stowed in my backpack. The thing is practically weightless. It's totally flexible and covered in a very soft rubber of some kind. I think I just made my next bow hanger! Gonna try it next time out. Very confident it's gonna work great. Roomier than the hook I've been hanging my bow on and the soft cushy covering means silent and protective against scratching bow limb. And the lime green may look kinda gaudy to you and me but deer don't perceive color as we do. I've nearly been trampled by deer while wearing blaze orange! Just grey to them. It will be easier for me to see in low light. They are available in other colors if desired but I'm not concerned about it, myself.
b49582f10b277033c45fec88d1c010dc.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I just posted my latest idea below. Cheap, light, silent. I'm sure it's going to work great. I'll update if any unforeseen problems arise when I try it next time out. Happy hunting!

Back