• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow Stringer from scraps

gcr0003

SH Member
I had just re-finished my bow and since I had left the bow strung all of last year I was unable to find my stringer. It was just some 1/4” cord with two loops on it. I had some scraps left over from other projects so I through together this bow stringer. It’s just 1.75” webbing folded over and attached to .5 webbing. I sewed a loop on the other end. Nothing fancy to this but fun to piddle with scraps. 3F270E60-01E3-49B5-B8C2-9B3E29FC9DEE.jpeg9B6EB8F6-7549-4904-85B8-1C95A55580C5.jpeg3E11665F-F97F-4319-ACD0-E2D8033024C0.jpeg96691E8E-96EE-4EEA-8AC3-BB6D910BD815.jpeg

I had just re-finished my bow and since I had left the bow strung all of last year I was unable to find my stringer. It was just some 1/4” cord with two loops on it. I had some scraps left over from other projects so I through together this bow stringer. It’s just 1.75” webbing folded over and attached to .5 webbing. I sewed a loop on the other end. Nothing fancy to this but fun to piddle with scraps. View attachment 49406View attachment 49407View attachment 49408View attachment 49409

That is really nice! I never considered that! Copying for sure.

Also beautiful bow, and a fellow left hander!!!!

That is really nice! I never considered that! Copying for sure.

Also beautiful bow, and a fellow left hander!!!!
Thanks man! Once I got the old yellowing and cracking finish redone the bow really shined. I like the webbing because it feels nice in the hand compared to cord. When I use to string my bow everytime I used it I was often In bare feet which didn’t hurt but didn’t feel nice on the bottom of my feet while stringing the bow. The webbing is small nice touch for me. Plus it didn’t cost me $15 from the store!

Brainstorm for me, how can I handle the hood end if I don't have sewing skills/capability? I can just do a water knot loop on one end, but what about the other?

Brainstorm for me, how can I handle the hood end if I don't have sewing skills/capability? I can just do a water knot loop on one end, but what about the other?
Old work glove finger....when u cut the finger also cut down the glove toward the wrist so u have material u could cut a couple slits into and thread the webbing/rope thru the slots in the leather and tie a knot....maybe that would work....that's the only premade small pouch type thing I can think of off the top of my head

Well when I was going do it I thought about using tubular webbing and tying a knot in the end then three inches or so before the knot cutting 1” across and through the first layer perpendicular to the webbing. that way you could insert your bow tip inside the tube of webbing on that end. My only concern was would I be able to get enough of the tip in the 1” webbing due to the size of the tip.

Well when I was going do it I thought about using tubular webbing and tying a knot in the end then three inches or so before the knot cutting 1” across and through the first layer perpendicular to the webbing. that way you could insert your bow tip inside the tube of webbing on that end. My only concern was would I be able to get enough of the tip in the 1” webbing due to the size of the tip.

Hmm...I have an old grenade pouch that will probably fit the tip. Just need to figure out how to attach webbing to it.

Hmm...I have an old grenade pouch that will probably fit the tip. Just need to figure out how to attach webbing to it.
post a picture of it I’m sure someone here can come up with an idea to Jimmy rig it together.

I’ll make you one if you want? I guess that takes away from the fun DIY part though. Let me know.

Lucky day! Found one of my old 9mm mag pouch in the car that would work great. Appreciate the offer btw!
30174b10ba0857293ec440ba62324b05.jpg
b3e383a923b413eeac7edfd68ffa7626.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had thought of doing the same thing but, with 1.5" or 2" webbing. I often find myself stringing or unstringing my bow without shoes and that 1/4" string hurts my feet. :)

1626733652719.png

I can't believe they're getting $20-27 for these stringers!

The bear bow stringers are 40$. Webster bow stringer is simple to make plus I seen them as low as $7 AC4CFCD4-BDC1-454F-A082-49A39226E879.png

Back