• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Browning Trail Cams

TNbowhunter

I've heard lots of good things about the Browning Trail Cams, and I think I'm about to pull the trigger on one or two of their factory refurbs. They currently have the Strike Force APEX and the Defender 850 on sale for $90 each. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for one or the other?

other than my spartan cell cams I will never buy any other cam other than browning. Mine have outlast all of the others and quality is always better too

I got a lot better performance from mine when I went to lithium batteries. They have lasted me almost 4 years now,cameras not the batteries

I've got 5 of them, oldest is from 2015 and still works like a champ. Its took hundreds if thousands of pics and videos.

I'm interested in trying a Browning cam or 2. It seems comparing their product offerings is more difficult than comparing the laptop offerings from Dell. :anguished:

I'm interested in trying a Browning cam or 2. It seems comparing their product offerings is more difficult than comparing the laptop offerings from Dell. :anguished:
Check out Trailcampro.com
They test and rate a ton of cameras. They score cameras on a variety of criteria. Decent place to buy from, too.
I have several Browning Strike Force. I like them.

I've used Browning cameras for the past six years without any issues. I have eight cams, my first one was a Bushnell and is still going strong, six Browning cams, (you can tell what I thought of the first one by purchasing five more) and one Spypoint Mico-LTE that I had to pull the trigger on for the price they were offering at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show. I usually run the Brownings 7 - 8 months at a time on one set of alkaline batteries. It depends on the activity level, but I have yet to replace any batteries during a season. I do discard the batteries when I pull them, as Allegheny Tom has said if one leaks it's over for the camera and I'll probably switch to lithium this year.

I have 5 Browning cameras. 3 strike Force and 2 Command ops. 2 of the Strike Force are refurbished and work fine. I also got 2 Exodus cameras witch are fast becoming my favorite .

@Apex7 What are your favorite features on the Exodus? I have no experience with them but thinking about buying another camera. I know that Jeff Sturgis of Whitetail Habitat Solutions uses them and loves them. I don't think they sponsor him either. I might be wrong on that though. Not 100% sure.
I have 5 Browning cameras. 3 strike Force and 2 Command ops. 2 of the Strike Force are refurbished and work fine. I also got 2 Exodus cameras witch are fast becoming my favorite .

@Apex7 What are your favorite features on the Exodus? I have no experience with them but thinking about buying another camera. I know that Jeff Sturgis of Whitetail Habitat Solutions uses them and loves them. I don't think they sponsor him either. I might be wrong on that though. Not 100% sure.
First when you use the video mode it also takes a picture witch I really like and the video and pictures are clear night and day. Easy to setup and a awesome warranty. You get a five year warranty and a five year theft warranty The theft warranty works like this ,if your camera is stolen or say damaged by a bear call they and tell them what happened and get a new camera at 50% off. They call their warranty the no BS warranty . Check out their website. Exodus trail cameras.

I picked up a couple of the Apex refurbs for $90 a piece, just before Browning started their Father's Day special, which includes a new Apex, a 16GB SD card, 8 batteries, and an external power pack for $120 a piece. Doh!

Back