• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bullman ring o steps

Ayoung

I have the opportunity to pick up this setup. I believe there are 5 steps on the ratchet. Guy is asking 35 bucks. Those of you who use these or have used these are they decent for the price? This would be my first experience with the ros so I’m not sure what to expect really. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

couple different threads for you to browse:

Sounds like a decent price to me. IMHO, the Bullman steps are a little shorter than others out there. Less room for your foot. I prefer my Ameristeps since they have enough length to accommodate the full width of my foot. They also angle upward slightly which helps your foot be less likely to slip off. The Bullman steps are a little flatter.

I think common opinion is your fastening method really affects your experience with any ROS. A ratchet strap cranks things rock solid whereas other buckle straps might give a little. Depends what you’re comfortable with. I have two of the Pioneer steps on a ratchet to complement my one stick platform and I love em.

Silent approach or pioneer steps? Either way that’s a pretty good deal especially if you’re testing the waters to see if it’s for you. I really like the silent approach steps they’re super super comfortable BUT they are fairly easy to roll over if you don’t crank the even loving life out of the strap. I switched over to pioneer steps after this past season and so far on my practice runs they’ve been amazing not quite as comfortable but I really don’t put to much weight on my feet anyways

Silent approach or pioneer steps? Either way that’s a pretty good deal especially if you’re testing the waters to see if it’s for you. I really like the silent approach steps they’re super super comfortable BUT they are fairly easy to roll over if you don’t crank the even loving life out of the strap. I switched over to pioneer steps after this past season and so far on my practice runs they’ve been amazing not quite as comfortable but I really don’t put to much weight on my feet anyways
They are the silent approach. Testing the waters is exactly what I was thinking. I know the squirrel steps are probably the best out there maybe but I’m not sure I will even like a ring of steps so that’s why I’m considering these. Sounds like for the price they should be a good intro to at least give em a try. Thanks for the reply’s fellas.

They are the silent approach. Testing the waters is exactly what I was thinking. I know the squirrel steps are probably the best out there maybe but I’m not sure I will even like a ring of steps so that’s why I’m considering these. Sounds like for the price they should be a good intro to at least give em a try. Thanks for the reply’s fellas.
I’ll give you additional reassurance in more than one way. First I absolutely love them and I was so so hesitant because I’m a leaner. But I’ve found a ros puts my body in a much more natural and relaxed position and it’s sort of a sit/lean combo. I absolutely could not sit using a platform. And my second form of reassurance is I’ll buy them if you don’t like them :laughing:

Back