• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cable Aiders on Muddy Pro Sticks

Jimmy Wallhanger

Anyone put cable aiders on their Muddy Pros?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

I put the EWO aiders from Dano on mine--18" on 2 upper sticks and a 20" on the bottom stick. The Muddy Pros use 5/16" hardware so you need to make sure you get the right cables with 5/16 holes.
Rick

I put the EWO aiders from Dano on mine--18" on 2 upper sticks and a 20" on the bottom stick. The Muddy Pros use 5/16" hardware so you need to make sure you get the right cables with 5/16 holes.
Rick
Thanks bro

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Rick
Did you need to get longer bolts or did the ones that came with the sticks work?

I have 4 EWO cable aiders that I would sell if someone wants them. They have been gently used for a couple climbs. They are the LW sized ones. Decided to go with CAYGA or versa aider.

I did have to get longer bolts- I think they were 2 inches but to be sure I would have to measure

No I mostly one stick with a muddy pro though. I use one 24" climb rated loop with mine as an aider with the @SloMo mod.

Attachments

• GM Climbing Loop Aider with SloMo-Boyne Bowhunter mods .jpg
    GM Climbing Loop Aider with SloMo-Boyne Bowhunter mods .jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 35
I like cable aiders going up…. But coming down not so much. You have to awkwardly lift your foot way higher than you think necessary so the lugs on your boots clear. I have had the lugs on my boots catch on the cable aiders coming down. Not much fun.

If possible rappel down and collect your sticks.

What length or lengths of aider do you have and are you happy with the size you got? Also, did it matter 1/4 or 5/16 size bolt?

I ordered from Dano.

18" with 1/4"-20 x 1 3/4" button head bolt. I drilled below the bottom step. The 18" is good for later season when it is colder with more clothing. You could easily stretch it in early season to the 20" or 22". The 18" is a safe compromise.

I ordered from Dano.

18" with 1/4"-20 x 1 3/4" button head bolt. I drilled below the bottom step. The 18" is good for later season when it is colder with more clothing. You could easily stretch it in early season to the 20" or 22". The 18" is a safe compromise.

@SHF Hunter did you have problems with your muddy sticks stacking right after you installed below bottom step?

I just mounted mine in that spot without thinking about how they stack. And now they don’t stack together as that’s where the tree standoff usually fit onto the tube of the stacked sticks.

@SHF Hunter did you have problems with your muddy sticks stacking right after you installed below bottom step?

I just mounted mine in that spot without thinking about how they stack. And now they don’t stack together as that’s where the tree standoff usually fit onto the tube of the stacked sticks.
I stack the standoff in the step cutout.

Back