• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carrying ros up tree

Jimmy Wallhanger

How are you guys doing it? They are a bit more bulky then I thought.

I was thinking of climbing up the tree with my pack then when I get to my last step screwing in a hanger putting my bag on the tree then pulling them out and attaching.

I was thinking of just slinging them over my shoulder but worried about them clanging, even though they are taped.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Was wondering how to do this as well. I suppose it depends on the type and size of steps? I was hoping my 5 squirrel steps could fit in the pocket of my jacket or a dump pouch so I don’t risk dropping my backpack trying to get them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stack them all tight together & wrap strap around them keep them in a cargo pocket or an accessible pouch on the side of your pack..

I didn't want dump pouches but after hunting a couple times this year I got one to put my ros in along with my gear hanger

12ish - Guess right now I don’t have one in front of me. I think 12”

anything I can do to help people eliminate dump pouches!

Some ROS are bulkier than others. I went from screw in steps to Ameristeps, now just to bolts. I didn't like the bulk of the Ameristeps. I've been going back and forth between buying a more compact strap of ROS for a couple of years, but haven't talked myself into it. None of them are more compact than bolts. But, I admit, it might be nice to sometimes get on my ROS faster. I just don't know if I want to deal with the bulk, albeit small, of squirrels, pioneers or monkey bars.

12ish - Guess right now I don’t have one in front of me. I think 12”

anything I can do to help people eliminate dump pouches!

Why do you want people to eliminate dump pouches? I love mine and have been using them for years. Quick and easy way to hold multiple items in the order I need them. And, as you might have guessed, my answer to OP’s question is a dump pouch. Gear hangers on bottom, steps on top, in the order I need them.

I didn't want dump pouches but after hunting a couple times this year I got one to put my ros in along with my gear hanger
I'm waiting on my Dryad to get here. It's not really dump pouch friendly. My steps are bulky also.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

That bundle of four squirrel steps weighs a pound, is about 4x4”, dead silent, and takes a total of 1.5 minutes to unpack, set, and pack up.

I’m a bolts fan through and through for climbing.

Just a 1" clip
3ff1bfdd0744252737ec015bdc85f0ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back