• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Catalyst Ion

Appreciate the video. I’m hoping to grab one when they go on sale again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered one as well to go with my Cruzr Archon (first year in a saddle and it's all thanks to you guys on the forum and YT)

I'm super excited to get it and start practicing.

In my humble and ignorant opinion, it seems far and away superior to most other one stick options.

The only one thing I worry about, and something I haven't heard mention of is this:

On most climbing sticks, you're able to reach up and wrap your hand around the step like a ladder rung and get a really secure grip. I worry that the flat platform will be more difficult to get a good grip on.

Did you notice this when climbing?

I ordered one as well to go with my Cruzr Archon (first year in a saddle and it's all thanks to you guys on the forum and YT)

In my humble and ignorant opinion, it seems far and away superior to most other one stick options.

The only one thing I worry about, and something I haven't heard mention of is this:

On most climbing sticks, you're able to reach up and wrap your hand around the step like a ladder rung and get a really secure grip. I worry that the flat platform will be more difficult to get a good grip on.

I grab on the wings on the outside of the platform

Probably not the smartest thing, but I stick my fingers through the platform

Anyone know what the lead time is? I ordered mine at the beginning of March. Thanks

Hopefully soon!
Any update? Interested to hear thoughts on this thing. I’ve been off SH for about a month so I’m catching up on everything. I’m kinda surprised there wasn’t more on this product.

Last edited:
Someone told me they saw something about Catalyst receiving the aiders in (guess they were outsourced). I have zero intel myself.

I ordered mine on March 12, so about 5 weeks ago. So I am hoping this week or next week.

Someone told me they saw something about Catalyst receiving the aiders in (guess they were outsourced). I have zero intel myself.

Mike Isbell at Backwoods mobile gear made the aiders.

They posted a picture of ion aiders on their facebook page.
27b0b08a9efa5f191f8baf0373ae00e9.jpg

Back