• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Catalyst Outdoors GWB Sticks

skyjacker

SH Member
Great White Buffalo sticks! Here's the details. I'm not affiliated with them at all. Just gathered information from questions and live feeds on Facebook. Thought I would share and get the community thoughts.

- Machined in the USA
- 21 inches tall and 20 inches step to step
- 3.75 inches height (each stick stacked adds 1 inch to the total height)
- 1.75 lbs w/o strap
- Rated to 300 lbs
- Stick and steps are cut from solid billet aluminum (the stand offs and buttons also come from the same piece if stock aluminum)
- Stand offs and button are bolted on with 1/4 bolts
- Stack flush together (little under 7 inches with 4 of them stacked)
- Made to work with Amsteel Daisy chains. May work with Versa Straps. No rope mods or buckle straps. You can replace the button but lose the ability to stack.
- Coated with Cerakote Brown or Dark Grey or a mix between the two ... not 100% yet
- Triangle weight reducing cut outs to retain strength
- Takes 90 minutes to cut out one stick
- Advanced machining techniques

I know. I know. What's the price ...

$159.99 per stick

3 pack will be 10% off (3 x $159.99 = $479.97 x 0.9 = $431.97)
4 pack will be 18% off (4 x $159.99 = $639.96 x 0.82 = $524.77)

More than 4 you'll need to contact them.
See all of the details and videos on Facebook http://facebook.com/CatalystOutdoor

Side Note: they also leaked the ballpark price on their Carbon Fiber stick. $130 - $160

download.png

Yessum. $525 + shipping for 4 sticks.
Do the gold bars that come free with these things attach to the bottom like an aider or something? Can't really see them in the picture above. Regardless, I'm sure the ultra-light, ultra-mobile guys on here will find a way to detach them to cut some weight down.

*(hears whispers that no gold is included with the purchase of these sticks)*

WHAT?!? They want more than half a grand for four metal poles, no gold bars included?!

I think they said only 40 are gonna be available this 1st run

And they aren’t even that light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lot of machining to cut a single billet of material large enough to make the steps down to the size of the post. That's a lot of chips . . . o_O . There's certainly a case for multiple components to reduce the time/waste rather than machine complete from a single billet. Give me @DanO steps any day.

The price is crazy high. They do look burly though and the same weight as beast sticks. They pack very well for a fixed stick that doesn’t fold.

I don’t know they look pretty good to me.

That's a lot of machining to cut a single billet of material large enough to make the steps down to the size of the post. That's a lot of chips . . . o_O . There's certainly a case for multiple components to reduce the time/waste rather than machine complete from a single billet. Give me @DanO steps any day.

Could then cut it into a rough capital I (pronounced I....this font....) and then machine from there and repurpose cutouts?

Anyways, not light enough for me to consider given that money. If they weighed 1 lbs each, I'd be slightly tempted.

I thought about grabbing one for one sticking and then I seen dano running a deal with an ultralight climbing stick and went with that

Set of 4 GWB sticks is $525. That makes each stick $131.25. It's not that far off from an Ultimate Ultralight stick at $115.

The UU sticks do not stack as well as the GWB sticks. Currently the GWB sticks stack the best out of any fixed step sticks so far (until the double step LWCG stick releases, but they are getting a bunch of flack for those bolt stand offs).

GWB is 1.75 lbs
20" UU is 1.5 lbs (i'm guessing. there's not exact weights on the site just a range 22 - 26 oz)

P.S. I'm not justifying anything here. Just looking at data and comparing pros and cons. It's ultimately up to you if it's worth the price.

one piece is bad arse I will say that, I like them

I like it too... until a step bends. $160 ea from a new comer on the market man I don’t know.

I am not sure I like that standoff over the bottom step like that.

I like it too... until a step bends. $160 ea from a new comer on the market man I don’t know.

I am not sure I like that standoff over the bottom step like that.

I don’t think you’d ever notice

I Don’t think you ever bend them either

See you in a tree, Ricky

Back