• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cellular trail cameras

Waylon mark

Any moultrie edge users ,with and without solar panels ,good/bad&ugly , I purchased spypoint micro lte a few years ago ,they worked well on good signal areas ,pretty tough on batteries ,used them one season now I cannot get them to connect to anything ,a battery somehow blowed up in one I assume it's junk now ,just looking for a reasonable setup

I know spypoint and Verizon had some kind of dispute and the service went to crap where I hunt. Always use lithium batteries in your cameras. They cost more, but last forever and don't blow up. I am watching this post, because I am in the market for some extra cameras.

I love the Moultrie cameras. Cheap, easy, and seem to be pretty reliable. Have only had one crap out out of about 6 and it was on the same tree for about a year.

Tactacam Reveal cameras for me as well, at 119 each they fit my applications very well. I leave mine set to send pictures as soon as they take them and I’ve been getting around 7 to 10,000 pictures on one set of regular batteries. Hard to beat in my opinion!

I have been using Tactacams of assorted versions. Some versions have quirks. Like trigger windows being very narrow. Battery meters being incorrect. Like saying 90% battery when the batteries are completely dead. Biggest gripe I have are the thumbnail quality and standard pic resolution are pretty crappy. Anything more than 20’ away is so pixelated you have to request an HD pic to see what it is which costs more money.

I was thinking about trying the black gate cameras.

I’ve been running Tactacams the last 2 seasons, and they’re good, but have one major flaw. The pic quality sucks… a guy I work with runs Stealth Cams. The difference is crazy! His regular pics are way better than the HD pics that you have to PAY EXTRA for with Tactacam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
HD pics I get from Tactacam are good but it varies on which model. My Reveal 2.0 is great. What model are you running?

I’ve got several Reveal X’s and a couple Pro’s. They should be sending the HD quality pics when the camera goes off… that’s my problem. I’m probably going with a different cam next year.

Last edited:
I ordered an edge ,and a solar panel .,hopefully it's not a total loss in the end. I cannot even get my moultrie a35 to function ,thinking maybe the SD cards ,both are acting whacky with fresh batteries but the led screen won't say anything past setup and the status light won't come on
.these 2 moultries blew the spypoint micro out the water on picture quality.

I’ve been running Tactacams the last 2 seasons, and they’re good, but have one major flaw. The pic quality sucks… a guy I work with runs Stealth Cams. The difference is crazy! His regular pics are way better than the HD pics that you have to PAY EXTRA for with Tactacam.

These things can be a little quirky and some don’t work, but they’re pretty good once they’re humming.
443F5D49-8808-467E-A47D-17973DE489E3.jpeg

Back