• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Changing out my Lineman's belt, tether, and bridge to Oplux.

Newhunter1

SH Member
I will be changing my LB, tether and bridge to Oplux and would like to know how long should I get the pieces to get 8' for the all three. For the loops I"ll make a figure 8 and a 5" loop.

Interested in this also. I was trying to find how much rope an 8mm figure took and what not.

I was going to get like 18-20’ for both

Can't go wrong with getting extra. It doesn't cost that much and it's better to have more and not need it.

I just ordered from Dano 30' of Oplux. But I asked for the Oplux to be cut into three 10' sections and three 3' sections for the 6mm TRC.

What do y’all recommend using on the lineman’s and tether for a friction hitch? I’d like to piece together a set up and ditch the heavier rope I’ve been using. If you could give me a list of stuff and a photo of what it looks like that would be cool! I’ve always used prusik knots.

What do y’all recommend using on the lineman’s and tether for a friction hitch? I’d like to piece together a set up and ditch the heavier rope I’ve been using. If you could give me a list of stuff and a photo of what it looks like that would be cool! I’ve always used prusik knots.

With the Oplux you need the TRC rope. This is 6mm and I use a scwabisch friction hitch. Or you can use the distel hitch. With the tag ends I tie a loop with a figure 8. As soon as I get my ropes I will take off the bridge, LB and tether.

I've been thinking about the same thing only with the Kong Duck. I already use it for rappelling so I figured I would use it for my tether also.

I use it for tether, lineman, and bridge for my mantis. I use a Kong duck on the lineman and use 6mm TRC for Distel friction hitches for tether and adjustable bridge. all 3 with caribeeners fit in my SYS hauler. my bridge adjusts from very short for SRT and out to 48” which really helped to minimize hip pinch. The friction hitch tenders that @DanO sells make adjusting very easy. Wish I had done it sooner!

I ordered 25’ from @DanO to make all three. 10’ for tether and lineman and 5’ for bridge. I used 3’ of 6mm TRC for each friction hitch.

Any thoughts on tieing bridge on dominant side (I shoot RH), so RH-side fig. 8 and distel on off side? If you rotate for 6 o'clock or beyond shot would you not have more range of motion/interference with friction hitch? You would obviously have to tend bridge length / hitch with weak hand. LB could work still with kong duck on strong side. I've thought of this, just thought I'd get other opinions.

I may try it, can always retie.

Any thoughts on tieing bridge on dominant side (I shoot RH), so RH-side fig. 8 and distel on off side? If you rotate for 6 o'clock or beyond shot would you not have more range of motion/interference with friction hitch? You would obviously have to tend bridge length / hitch with weak hand. LB could work still with kong duck on strong side. I've thought of this, just thought I'd get other opinions.

I may try it, can always retie.
I use a caribeener on both sides of bridge so I can remove it while wearing saddle on walk in and out. I hunt with a 48” bridge so the friction hitch never gets close to my caribeener on the tether. Shorten length of cord used for friction hitch to minimize length of friction hitch.

I got my oplux and TRC in today. Made a quick distel hitch. I don’t think this is going to workout unless I can substantially decrease the length of the hitch. I like my tether around chest height. I already have not much room with my ropeman... I will play with it some more before next season...

Back