• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Coast Ghost

Red Beard

SH Member
A while ago my buddy @tailgunner sent me a saddle that quickly became my A #1 favorite saddle ever (and yall know how I like the Evo). He employed some features on this thing that I don't think I've seen on any other saddles out there.

The reasons it has become my favorite are:

1. There isn't a lick of metal on this saddle anywhere
2. It has integrated, angled, expanding pouches on the hips for stowage. Entire climbing kit (2TC) rides in the saddle... tether in one side, and foot tether (and a lineman's belt) in the other. I have always hated having weight on my saddle but with this design, the gear feels completely different as it is situated tightly on the hips as opposed to when it is in a floppy pouch hanging off the back of your saddle. Another plus about the way he angled the hip pouch forward is that putting stuff in and taking stuff out is way easier than reaching back behind me. And ANOTHER plus of the angled hip pouches is that they double as the perfect place to put your cell phone while in the tree.
3. The non-adjustable webbing bridge stows up inside the saddle during my walk in so there is nothing at all flopping around.
4. The leg straps are modular. Don't like them? Take them off without having to cut them off.
5. The integrated bridge/saddle design really works to achieve a great angle for both sitting and leaning. I'm not a saddle engineer, but I think it may do this by applying more pressure to the bottom of your legs than the waistbelt area. In any case, the bridge and the irregular shape of the seat (not exactly a football) make for a comfortable experience.

20220601_073640.jpg20220601_073700.jpg20220601_073717.jpg20220601_073742.jpg20220601_073755.jpg

That’s pretty cool. I like the integrated pockets, the design kind of reminds me of the older trophyline saddles. Where the bottom strap comes up and forms the bridge. Curious though, how much does it weigh?

very cool, the integrated pockets/pouches is great. where's the order form/ got a 2 panel version in the works? ;)

A while ago my buddy @tailgunner sent me a saddle that quickly became my A #1 favorite saddle ever (and yall know how I like the Evo). He employed some features on this thing that I don't think I've seen on any other saddles out there.

The reasons it has become my favorite are:

1. There isn't a lick of metal on this saddle anywhere
2. It has integrated, angled, expanding pouches on the hips for stowage. Entire climbing kit (2TC) rides in the saddle... tether in one side, and foot tether (and a lineman's belt) in the other. I have always hated having weight on my saddle but with this design, the gear feels completely different as it is situated tightly on the hips as opposed to when it is in a floppy pouch hanging off the back of your saddle. Another plus about the way he angled the hip pouch forward is that putting stuff in and taking stuff out is way easier than reaching back behind me. And ANOTHER plus of the angled hip pouches is that they double as the perfect place to put your cell phone while in the tree.
3. The non-adjustable webbing bridge stows up inside the saddle during my walk in so there is nothing at all flopping around.
4. The leg straps are modular. Don't like them? Take them off without having to cut them off.
5. The integrated bridge/saddle design really works to achieve a great angle for both sitting and leaning. I'm not a saddle engineer, but I think it may do this by applying more pressure to the bottom of your legs than the waistbelt area. In any case, the bridge and the irregular shape of the seat (not exactly a football) make for a comfortable experience.

View attachment 66138View attachment 66139View attachment 66140View attachment 66141View attachment 66142
How’s the bridge set up, is it a fixed attach point? It’s hard to tell. What are the two bridges?

How’s the bridge set up, is it a fixed attach point? It’s hard to tell. What are the two bridges?
The bridge is attached/fixed on both sides. In the first picture, the lower one is the bridge. The upper one is the waistbelt.

Back