• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Comfort channel

stmarcink

On the new comfort channels I find that when I move around it can change where I had the bridge set. Has anyone else had this issue or modded it with elastic or something else to keep the bridge in a setting?

As in it slips into a different channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That can give you quite the butt pucker. I'm not sure how much of an improvement those are, but I need more time in the phantom to know for sure.

I agree it can wake you up. I do see a value in them, it has helped with the bottom strap pressure on my limited sits with my first saddle. I was thinking maybe sewing an elastic material loop around it to hold it there. Just seeing if anyone has already come up with something.

I agree it can wake you up. I do see a value in them, it has helped with the bottom strap pressure on my limited sits with my first saddle. I was thinking maybe sewing an elastic material loop around it to hold it there. Just seeing if anyone has already come up with something.
I have a buddy who wrapped his channels with a single layer of vet tape and it created enough friction to stop that from happening. The comfort channels are an awesome system for those who get hip pinch. Unfortunately the slickness of the webbing coupled with the slick amsteel is going to be temperamental. I wonder if spraying a little bed liner on the channels would do it? I know it doesnt take much to create the friction needed to hold it in place.

Are you running it between two of the balls or at the extreme end of the range? I’ve never had them slip if the bridge is clamped between two of the balls.

Are you running it between two of the balls or at the extreme end of the range? I’ve never had them slip if the bridge is clamped between two of the balls.

Yes it’s between the balls then if I stand up to adjust something or go into my backpack when I go back to leaning I usually have to reset the bridge into the balls where I had it previously set

Yes it’s between the balls then if I stand up to adjust something or go into my backpack when I go back to leaning I usually have to reset the bridge into the balls where I had it previously set

Gotcha! Yeah I’ve had that happen as well. I bet there’s some way to make them stick when you take weight off them. I may have to mess with that

Just got home and had a look at it. I just made the bridge loops smaller by taping with hockey tape. It still slides over the ball with ease but stays put the rest of the time. I’ll have to get some tree time with it and see if it holds up.259ECE08-459A-46F7-AF02-3E53CF4523BF.jpeg

I think the comfort channels are an excellent idea but not executed the best way. The balls do move a bit and the bridge pops out of the channels.

I really think a knot to get that articulating effect is the way to go. Like the triad but with different material.

Tried it in a tree last night. It worked well, didn’t loosen off or move with no tension on it yet it’s still easy to adjust.

I have a buddy who wrapped his channels with a single layer of vet tape and it created enough friction to stop that from happening. The comfort channels are an awesome system for those who get hip pinch. Unfortunately the slickness of the webbing coupled with the slick amsteel is going to be temperamental. I wonder if spraying a little bed liner on the channels would do it? I know it doesnt take much to create the friction needed to hold it in place.
I would think for what the Phantom cost and all the "pro staff freebie use" that there would be no tweeks needed. Just a thought....

I bet most guys here tinker with every product out of the box. I don’t think I have a piece of hunting equipment I haven’t made personal improvements to. Zero seasons under my belt in a saddle but I’m pretty close to having my final system ready to go for this fall. I’m just being picky with the finest details.

I bet most guys here tinker with every product out of the box. I don’t think I have a piece of hunting equipment I haven’t made personal improvements to. Zero seasons under my belt in a saddle but I’m pretty close to having my final system ready to go for this fall. I’m just being picky with the finest details.
bridge adjustments, other minor comfort tweaks, yes. But improve on a flaw in design of a high dollar assembly like the Phantom .... Unacceptable !!!!!

bridge adjustments, other minor comfort tweaks, yes. But improve on a flaw in design of a high dollar assembly like the Phantom .... Unacceptable !!!!!

Sorry, but it’s not a design flaw. It works exactly like it’s supposed to. If you stand and move around it could pop out, but it’s not designed to always be locked in and that’s what makes it adjustable is when you pick your weight up you can change it. When weight is applied it stays in the channels just like it was made to.

Sorry, but it’s not a design flaw. It works exactly like it’s supposed to. If you stand and move around it could pop out, but it’s not designed to always be locked in and that’s what makes it adjustable is when you pick your weight up you can change it. When weight is applied it stays in the channels just like it was made to.

Eh... it doesn’t stay in the channels. It pops out and hops to the next one. Pretty much tries to get back in the middle channel everytime. Needs bigger balls or something.... :oops:

Back