• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr S and Latitude Classic

The classic blows the cruzr away in every aspect IMO
So what is so much better about the classic? I have been trying to make decision between the two for a month now.
Only fault of the classic i've heard is the short bridge loops. Close to hips. The cruzr s is diaper feel and mesh lacking support after some hang time.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I have a Size 2 Cruzr S and with a couple mods, it's the most comfortable saddle I've tried yet.

Other saddles I've sat in:
Size 1 Kestrel
Size 1 Kite
Trophyline Ambush Lite
Trophyline Covert
Treehopper Recon
Tethrd Phantom
RCH + Sit Drag
RCH + Fleece

I'm done looking and trying because what I have now is perfect for how I hunt.

What other saddles have you tried?

Mantis
Phantom
Kestrel
Kite
Flex
Yarak
Tx5 stretch
Cruzr xc
Method
Anderson
Trophyline original
Trophyline ambush pro
And a couple no name ones from the depths of the inter webs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic is my favorite. Kestrel is now #2.
Had the OG aerohunter
Kestrel
Kite
Mantis
DIY’s
Sitdrag

The bridge loops aren’t too short, but the saddle could be an inch or 2 wider making the bridge loops more forward. I didn’t care for the leg buckles and the position of the loop to tie them in but once it’s on, it’s the best saddle I’ve sat in. They are suppose to be coming out with a size 2 and changing the legs straps in some way. I just hope they don’t make it too big. It’s right on borderline like it is for me. I have a size one kestrel and thought I needed a size 2. When I got the size 2 kite, it’s way too big. So that’s my concern.
The thing about the classic is the vertical straps. Any mesh saddle will stretch after a few minutes concentrating more weight on the upper and lower strap. Those vertical straps help support the mesh from stretching too much allowing the load to be spread more evenly. Some people say they don’t notice them doing anything but I do.

So what is so much better about the classic? I have been trying to make decision between the two for a month now.
Only fault of the classic i've heard is the short bridge loops. Close to hips. The cruzr s is diaper feel and mesh lacking support after some hang time.

Cruzr S Vs Latitude classic

Features:
The latitude classic comes with a quality waist buckle and a quality Oplux adjustable bridge. Those are “upgrades” with the cruzr. The classic has removable leg loops and a fully adjustable bridge on both sides.

Quality:
The latitude classic and method for that matter show the highest workmanship on the market. Better than or equal to that of aerohunter. The 3 Cruzr’s I have had all had sloppy stitching similar to tethrd quality.

Comfort:
I felt a bit of hip pinch from the upper webbing on the Cruzr S and it rode up. I never got that riding up with the latitude classic and I don’t even use the leg loops. Once I found the sweet spot on the bridge loops for my bridge to ride. The classic was unequalled in comfort. I attribute that to the vertical webbing distributing the load not just relying on the 2 main pieces of frame webbing to support you.

Sizing:
The latitude classic only comes in one size. I am a 38” waist and it works good for me. I wouldn’t mind a bigger size offering for late season. The Cruzr offers 3 sizes which is nice but I believe latitude will be offering addition sizes this year

Price:
Upgraded Cruzr $245
Latitude classic $185

No brainer.... latitude classic for me.

Cruzr S Vs Latitude classic

Features:
The latitude classic comes with a quality waist buckle and a quality Oplux adjustable bridge. Those are “upgrades” with the cruzr. The classic has removable leg loops and a fully adjustable bridge on both sides.

Quality:
The latitude classic and method for that matter show the highest workmanship on the market. Better than or equal to that of aerohunter. The 3 Cruzr’s I have had all had sloppy stitching similar to tethrd quality.

Comfort:
I felt a bit of hip pinch from the upper webbing on the Cruzr S and it rode up. I never got that riding up with the latitude classic and I don’t even use the leg loops. Once I found the sweet spot on the bridge loops for my bridge to ride. The classic was unequalled in comfort. I attribute that to the vertical webbing distributing the load not just relying on the 2 main pieces of frame webbing to support you.

Sizing:
The latitude classic only comes in one size. I am a 38” waist and it works good for me. I wouldn’t mind a bigger size offering for late season. The Cruzr offers 3 sizes which is nice but I believe latitude will be offering addition sizes this year

Price:
Upgraded Cruzr $245
Latitude classic $185

No brainer.... latitude classic for me.
Thanks for the reply and a great review. I have been leaning toward latitude for the adjustable bridge and price point. Happy to support a Michigan business also being from Michigan. The quality of the last saddle I bought was ok at best so hearing the classic is top notch sealed the deal. Thanks again!

Another vote for the classic! Its just a flat out sleeper saddle that doesnt get the attention it deserves. Quality stitching and materials including top of the line austrialpin waist buckle. Lightweight, no discomfort, no ride up, ability to remove leg straps without making semi permanent alterations to your saddle.I have not owned a cruzr to compare but i have owned the following:

Mantis L & M
Phantom
Recon
TX5
Kestrel size 1 & 2
Tactisaddle
H2
Method

Mantis
Phantom
Kestrel
Kite
Flex
Yarak
Tx5 stretch
Cruzr xc
Method
Anderson
Trophyline original
Trophyline ambush pro
And a couple no name ones from the depths of the inter webs

So A.J. what was your fav on that long list, and why? Thanks

I've only sit in 3 saddles.. trophyline lite, tethrd mantis and classic. No contest. Really thought there was no way to get rid of hip pinch, tried classsic... gone. Love mine

Can anyone compare the Latitude Classic to the Cruzr XC if I were deciding between those two?

Back