• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Fleece Saddle from Jacket

Live4Now

I tried repurposing an old fleece jacket to make a saddle. I started with a an old fleece jacket that I never wore simply because it is ugly and didn't like the elastic around the wrists and waist. (please ignore the color as it will be dyed or painted)
Saddle1.JPG
After cutting off the sleeves, I discovered that there was a taper to the arms. I thought that this might just be right to provide for a longer length at the bottom of the saddle to eliminate leg pinch.
saddle2.JPG
I triple stitched the two arms together to make the saddle. I will likely add some hand stitching at the outside for some additional reinforcement.
Saddle3.JPG
Finally, I added loops onto the end of each arm using some existing dogbones made of amsteel that I had already. I connected these with the no sew technique for hammocks, there are videos out there showing the process. These will need to be replaced with a permanent bridge, but worked fine for my testing purposes. I bounced around in it for about 20 minutes and found it very comfortable.
saddle4.JPG
Saddle5.JPG

Attachments

• 1556539005025.png
    1556539005025.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Woah that’s sweet! How many ugly fleece sweatshirts have been misused and tossed when they could’ve been turned into a sweet saddle? I may look for some old sweatshirts and give something like this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back