• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do as I Say Not as I do

I hate autolock biners and fail to screw lock my gates more than I care to admit.

Switched to grivel plumes in hopes of putting that problem to bed.

One I have done is sanding on a diy platform Un-tethered for various reasons. More so in my early years before I had a solid system.

Scary how many times i hung and hang in stand without a linemans rope
Yep. I spent many, many hunts in my granddad's old baker with nary a safety device in sight. And I thought I was hot stuff, so I climbed until I hit the first limb in big, mature pines.

I'd puke now if i found myself in that situation

Hang climbing ladders with one leg wrapped around one of steps and getting the strap connected. THen hanging the lock on by wrapping both legs around a step holding the stand in my lap while trying my best to grab the strap that is hung on the bark or a limb I didnt see in the back. No tether or LB or harness by myself....

Standing 20' ladder stands up by myself, then having to get it leaning just right so I can climb to the top and put my straps on with one hand while keeping pressure on it with the other. Again no harness or LB. DUmb, just plain dumb....

Back